none
The search service is not able to connect to the machine that hosts the administration component. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello every body

My sharepoint farm: Sharepoint 2013 server ent / Sql server 2014 std / Windows 2012 server

I have a problem while creating Search Service Application by using the powershell bellow:

# 1.Setting up some initial variables. write-host 1.Setting up some initial variables. $SSAName = "My_SSA" $SVCAcct = "domain\searchAccount" $SSI = get-spenterprisesearchserviceinstance -local $err = $null # Start Services search services for SSI write-host Start Services search services for SSI Start-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceInstance -Identity $SSI # 2.Create an Application Pool. write-host 2.Create an Application Pool. $AppPool = new-SPServiceApplicationPool -name $SSAName"-AppPool" -account $SVCAcct # 3.Create the SearchApplication and set it to a variable write-host 3.Create the SearchApplication and set it to a variable $SearchApp = New-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplication -Name $SSAName -applicationpool $AppPool -databasename $SSAName"_AdminDB" #4 Create search service application proxy write-host 4 Create search service application proxy $SSAProxy = new-spenterprisesearchserviceapplicationproxy -name $SSAName"ApplicationProxy" -Uri $SearchApp.Uri.AbsoluteURI

#....

On step #3 (Create service application) I get an error

The search service is not able to connect to the machine that hosts the administration component.
     Verify that the administration component 'aaaaddc1-9090-43b2-9b56-aa9f3c93f836' in search application
     'My_SSA' is in a good state and try again.

I have read a lot of thread about this problem. Do some suggest as:

=> Repair sharepoint

=> Enable-SPTimerJob job-application-server-admin-service

=> Change Managed account

=> Check search account in WSS_ADMIN_WPG  group

=> ..

The problem has not resolved.

What should I do?

Thank you for any suggestion

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 9:41 AM

Answers

• Hi Diepkv,

Please ensure the below steps while creating Search Service Application:
       1. Ensure that you have a dedicated service account for Search (preferred) as advised by MS team and provide the required permissions, like DB create and owner.

2. Double check and confirm "Search Service" is running on the server.

3. Start with small web application with minimal content data and give a full crawl and wait for some time as it has to crawl the data.

Have a look on this article explaining step  by step approach to create / configure Search Service Application (SSA) 

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/steps-to-configure-search-service-in-sharepoint-2013-part-one/

Enjoy the SharePoint !!!!

Best Regards,

Krishna 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

• Marked as answer by diepkv Friday, September 6, 2019 11:28 AM
    Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:20 PM

All replies

• After deleting search service instance. I was repair Sharepoint and create SSA again. I getting another error

The description for Event ID 3899 from source Microsoft-SharePoint Products-SharePoint Foundation cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

Error executing service instance (un)provisioning job.  Service instance: "SharePoint Server Search" (id "282e28c4-8b41-44ff-893f-e4569c335611) "Service is offline""

The publisher has been disabled and its resource is not avaiable. This usually occurs when the publisher is in the process of being uninstalled or upgraded

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 1:59 PM
  • Hi diepkv, 

Make sure you have started search service instance on all the servers that you host search components on.

You can run the following PowerShell to start search service instance:

$hostA = Get-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceInstance -Identity "Your server"
    Start-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceInstance -Identity $hostA

Navigate to CA->Application management->Manage services on server->Make sure SharePoint Server Search service is started.

Besides, run the following PowerShell to verify that all components of the search topology are running correctly:

$ssa = Get-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplication
    Get-SPEnterpriseSearchStatus -SearchApplication $ssa -Text

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Unmarked as answer by diepkv Friday, September 6, 2019 11:28 AM
    Friday, April 21, 2017 2:07 AM
  • Thank you Lisa Chen

The Server Search service status is error stopping. I haven't started it yet. I think there are some orphan factors in the farm when my colleage remove a search server from farm without modifying search topology first.

• Edited by diepkv Friday, April 21, 2017 2:58 AM
    Friday, April 21, 2017 2:38 AM
  • Hi diepkv, 

How did you deleted the search service instance?

Have you checked the PowerShell i offered?

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 9:10 AM
  • When I am trying to execute the below powershell commands you suggested:

Below is the error is am seeing:

Get-SPEnterpriseSearchStatus : No system manager locations set, search application might not be ready yet. 

Please help. Thank you. 

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 1:22 PM
  • Hi PSripada,

Mage Sure you have enough permissions to run those commands and also make Search service is running on the server and if you have those then wait for couple of minutes and try again and if possible try restarting your server and then try.

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 1:37 PM
  • Hi Diepkv,

Please ensure the below steps while creating Search Service Application:
       1. Ensure that you have a dedicated service account for Search (preferred) as advised by MS team and provide the required permissions, like DB create and owner.

2. Double check and confirm "Search Service" is running on the server.

3. Start with small web application with minimal content data and give a full crawl and wait for some time as it has to crawl the data.

Have a look on this article explaining step  by step approach to create / configure Search Service Application (SSA) 

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/steps-to-configure-search-service-in-sharepoint-2013-part-one/

Enjoy the SharePoint !!!!

Best Regards,

Krishna 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:20 PM