none
Image loads slow in SharePoint Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi am working in SharePoint online.

I am retrieving a 4MB size of image from Image Library using SharePoint Framwork.

It takes around 4 minutes time to load and retrieve the image.

Kindly help me to retreive the image without delay.

Thanks in advance.

Friday, October 18, 2019 12:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Thiru,

This is a known issue in SharePoint online where images load slowly - the reason is image caching issue in multiple front end server. The below blog explains about the technical reason why does image get loaded slowly in SharePoint online. 

https://www.rlvision.com/blog/why-image-renditions-are-slow-in-sharepoint-online/ 

The possible solution to improve the image loading from SPFx framework is as below:

As per Dan:

"Since I wrote this article, Microsoft has added a feature called “Public CDN” to SharePoint Online. If enabled, some images on publishing sites automatically use the CDN for image renditions. For your own code it is possible to re-write image URLs to fetch image renditions from the CDN instead. This works remarkably well and solves the performance problems!"

So if you work with public CDN in your code - this will improve the image loading performance. 

Thanks&Regards,

Habibur Rahaman

MCSA,MCP,MCTS

My Certificates

Note: If you feel the proposed answer is helpful, please mark as so or if this answered your question,please mark as answer.

Friday, October 18, 2019 5:01 PM
  • Hi Thiru,

As Habibur Rahaman said, you can use the built-in Office 365 Content Delivery Network (CDN) to host static assets to provide better performance for your SharePoint Online pages.

Note : The Office 365 CDN is only available to tenants in the Production (worldwide) cloud. Tenants in the US Government, China and Germany clouds do not currently support the Office 365 CDN.

How to use the Office 365 Content Delivery Network (CDN) with SharePoint Online:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/enterprise/use-office-365-cdn-with-spo

Besides, you could clear the browser cache and check the result.

Best regards,

Julie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, October 21, 2019 6:35 AM
  • Hi Thuiru,

I’m checking how the things are going on about this issue.

You can mark the post as answer if it helps.

Best regards,

Julie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, October 28, 2019 7:47 AM