none
SQL Server Reporting authentication not working

Question

• I'm not exactly sure what went wrong but our SQL Server Reporting Services authentication is no longer working correctly. When I try to load the site, it asks for a username and password, and mine doesn't work.

I checked the service and it is using the NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService to logon. Since it is using NetworkService to logon, I read on Microsoft's site that I need to use these settings in the RSReportServer.config file:

<AuthenticationTypes> <RSWindowsNegotiate /> </AuthenticationTypes> <EnableAuthPersistence>true</EnableAuthPersistence>

Which is what I have set. It still asks for the password. When I set the Authentication to RSWindowsNTLM, it does login but everytime I click on a link, it asks for a password (the password doesn't seem to prevent anything from loading).

I have logged in the log file and there isn't anything telling there.

Anyone know what is going on here? I'm not an expert on SQL Server so I may be missing something.

Monday, September 24, 2012 12:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Check the link below, it may be helpful for you.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc281383(v=sql.105).aspx

Friday, September 28, 2012 1:44 AM
  • Did you do any migration of the report from one computer/disk to another? Did you change User/Account information for Windows? Do you remember making any changes to the Report Configuration or Report Database?

Try right-clicking the Internet Browser and select "Run as adminitrator" and test the report site.

I had the same problem, when I queried the report DB - Select * From users; I did not see my Windows account user in the list.

Good luck.

Friday, September 28, 2012 6:16 AM
  • I don't really know what happened to it. I know it was not moved but it does appear something happened. 

It actually looks like it isn't asking for a password for me anymore. I will check on other users computers and see if it is working.

I checked the users in the users table and it looks correct to me. I can see my users and the other users that should have access.

• Edited by keithsl Friday, September 28, 2012 12:37 PM
    Friday, September 28, 2012 12:34 PM