none
Install sql browser service RRS feed

• Question

• One of our admins accidentally deleted it from Windows Server's Programs and Features menu. I can't seem to find it listed anywhere when I rerun setup. I installed Client Tools from the installation menu but that has not restored it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 8:46 PM

Answers

• Hi Elzero,

Form your description, I test it on my environment.

1.Uninstall SQL server Brower on control panel, then we can see SQL server Brower is not list in SSCM like below screenshot. And we can’t find sqlbrowser.exe file at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlbrowser.exe.

2.Run SQL server setup as administrator, install a new SQL server instance. During the installation, I selected the SQL Server Browser to be automatic. So, now I have it working. 

Hope this could help you.

Best regards,
    Cathy Ji

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Elzero Friday, July 19, 2019 4:29 AM
    Friday, July 19, 2019 3:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Elzero,

Form your description, I test it on my environment.

1.Uninstall SQL server Brower on control panel, then we can see SQL server Brower is not list in SSCM like below screenshot. And we can’t find sqlbrowser.exe file at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlbrowser.exe.

2.Run SQL server setup as administrator, install a new SQL server instance. During the installation, I selected the SQL Server Browser to be automatic. So, now I have it working. 

Hope this could help you.

Best regards,
    Cathy Ji

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Elzero Friday, July 19, 2019 4:29 AM
    Friday, July 19, 2019 3:29 AM
  • Hi Cathy, I didn't think about installing a new instance but if that restores it I will try that. Thank you so much for your help!
    Friday, July 19, 2019 4:29 AM