none
rsreportserver.config Report Configration file not found

Question

• Hello

I have installed Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 And Also SQL Sever 2005(Including Reporting Service), But i can't find
    RS's RSPreviewPolicy.config file AND RS's RSReportDesigner.config file. How Can i find it ?

Plese help me for this Question

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 5:30 AM

Answers

All replies

• They are located in the following folder for SQL Server 2008:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies

Kalman Toth SQL SERVER 2012 & BI TRAINING
    New Book: Beginner Database Design & SQL Programming Using Microsoft SQL Server 2012

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 4:33 PM
  • i cant seem to find the rsreportserver.config file anywhere.  our RS site works just fine but i cant find the config file so that i can render it to not show the csv headers when exporting.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 3:52 PM
  • i have looked in the above location and there is no file there named that?   im using sql 2005 RS 2005
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 5:28 PM
  • i cant seem to find the rsreportserver.config file anywhere.  our RS site works just fine but i cant find the config file so that i can render it to not show the csv headers when exporting.

Kalman's location works for the "RSReportDesigner.config" file, and for the "RSPreviewPolicy.config" file,

but (at least for us), is NOT where we found the "RSReportServer.config" file: 

We found our "RSReportServer.config" file in folder
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10_50.MSSQLSERVERBO\Reporting Services\ReportServer".

Another path variation I've seen online: 
    "<drive:>\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS11.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer"

In BOL, (for SQL Server 2008 R2), it gives "\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.n\Reporting Services\ReportServer", but we're on 2008 R2, and as you see above, our path was different.

... ... ...

In any case, BIG TIP:  the file may NOT show up in searches! 
    You might have to NAVIGATE TO IT using windows explorer, at least once:

Why I say that:
    I had tried repeatedly to find "RSReportserver.config", and had never seen it show up on *any* search --

Then today, I used Windows Explorer to navigate, and even though I was logged on as a domain admin, as I double-clicked "Reporting Services", I got the familiar prompt:
    "You don't currently have permission to access this folder.
    Click Continue to permanently get access to this folder."

I clicked Continue...
    ... and saw the "RSReportserver.config" file!...
    ... and after that, very interestingly, the "RSReportserver.config" file (and others in "*.config") STARTED SHOWING UP ON SEARCHES!

Doug Ivison

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 7:58 PM