none
Cannot process calandar Dimension RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I'm building a cube for sales team , to test out I'm trying to process just one dimension called DimCalandar ,

when I try to process this dimension I get the following error ,

'Either the user abc/def, does not have access to database, or the database does not exist' 

is there any suggested fix for this error.

Thanks !

Monday, May 4, 2015 3:02 PM

Answers

• Hi V,

Have you checked that user abc/def has access to the SQL database?

You can configure the connection in the cube in several ways. It appears that the configured user does not have read access to your database. 

Try changing the connection to employ a user that does have access, or use the SSAS service account, and grant it read access to your databases.

Hope that helps,

Richard

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 3:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Vishal,

There might be chances of below options:

1. As Database might be corrupted on SSAS engine. So, try to drop the database and redeploy your ssas project and process.

2.Might be chance of metadata corrupted. Do the same actions as point1 to resolve.

And you are not getting any error related to dimension key errors or You don't have sufficient privileges issue.

Please let me know if you are able to solve otherwise please post more information.

Maruthi... http://www.msbimaru.blogspot.com/

Monday, May 4, 2015 6:39 PM
  • Hi V,

Have you checked that user abc/def has access to the SQL database?

You can configure the connection in the cube in several ways. It appears that the configured user does not have read access to your database. 

Try changing the connection to employ a user that does have access, or use the SSAS service account, and grant it read access to your databases.

Hope that helps,

Richard

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 3:00 AM