none
Data Model COM exception RRS feed

• Question

• I've recreated queries I've created in Power BI in Excel 2016 and loaded these to the data model. I basically copied the code over from the Advanced Editor in Power BI over to the same screen in Excel 2016.

Queries seem to run fine, I've asked it to just make a connection but ticked to load to data model.

When I try to go to the data model I get the following error saying it can't open the model because of a COM exception with the below detail:

============================
    Error Message:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Call Stack:

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.BackEnd.DataModelingSandbox.CreateTelemetryScope(String scopeName)
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.BackEnd.DataModelingSandbox.CreateTelemetryLog(String message)
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.BackEnd.DataModelingSandbox.CreateSandboxImpl()
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.BackEnd.DataModelingSandbox.Open(String precachedErrors, Boolean lightweight)
       at Microsoft.Office.PowerPivot.ExcelAddIn.InProcServer.LoadSandboxAfterConnection(String errorCache)
       at Microsoft.Office.PowerPivot.ExcelAddIn.InProcServer.LoadSafeSandboxAfterConnection(String errorCache)
       at Microsoft.Office.PowerPivot.ExcelAddIn.InProcServer.LoadOLEDBConnection(Boolean raiseCompleteEvent, String errorCache)

Friday, May 19, 2017 8:16 AM

Answers

All replies

• Just saved, closed and re-opened the workbook and now everything is fine
    Friday, May 19, 2017 8:20 AM
  • Hi Veles343,

I am glad to know that you have resolved this issue by yourself. Please kindly mark your solution as an answer. By doing so, it will benefit all community members who are facing similar issues. Your contribution is highly appreciated. 

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, May 22, 2017 1:09 AM
  • Hi there,

May i know did you get the answer? i encounter this problem now, it's very frustrating, wasted my days and night to get the answer.  i tried to unchecked the PowerPivot and close the Excel, and restart the excel to select the PowerPivot through the "com add-in".. 

Appreciate if you can share the answer. Thanks.

Thursday, October 17, 2019 3:24 PM