none
SP2013 Customizing List Form or Modifying List RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I have created a basic list with just links (the column is formatted for hyperlinks or picture only). The client now wants us to add plain text within the same webpage. It's basically a description of the links. I tried adding a new column (formatted for multiple lines of text) while keeping the other column formatted for hyperlinks or pictures.

I guess I'm trying to figure out the best course of action here. Should I a.) Just make the list have one type of column (multiple line type with enriched text so hyperlinks could be used in the code as well) or b.) Should I just add the text to the list's form using Sharepoint Designer? If so, when I go to Lists and find my list and make a new form. Which form should I create and make default? New form, Display form or Edit form? I tried creating a new New Form and did not see my list info in there just rows with the Column header.

Believe me. I wouldn't add the complexity of having to add to this webpart if I didn't have to but my client wants the text to be part of this list. As it stands, the list links only appear when you hover over the list name on the web page so this text had to live with the list. It cannot live in a div outside of the webpart. 

Any ideas are greatly appreciated as always!

CBM

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 10:24 PM

Answers

• Hi C M Brooks,

I recommend method A.

This is the easiest and most direct way.

If you prefer method B.

All you need to do is click the "customize in InfoPath" button directly in the appropriate list.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by C M Brooks Wednesday, September 18, 2019 2:34 AM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2019 2:29 AM

All replies

• Hi C M Brooks,

I recommend method A.

This is the easiest and most direct way.

If you prefer method B.

All you need to do is click the "customize in InfoPath" button directly in the appropriate list.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by C M Brooks Wednesday, September 18, 2019 2:34 AM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2019 2:29 AM
  • Thanks for your response. I'll try method A. 

CBM

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 2:35 AM