none
SharePoint 2019 empty document libraries on Mobile or Mac RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We found an issue with our on-premise SharePoint 2019. Whenever we connect from Mobile or Mac, using any office 365 app and trying to open a file on SharePoint, after the authentication, SharePoint shows the folder with no files.

This happened with any site collection and any document library. This is not a issue on PC. 

This is the current version: 16.0.10350.20000

has any one have this issue?

Monday, November 11, 2019 3:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

A few things I would like to confirm:

1. What do you mean “office 365 app”? Are you referring to Office applications like Word or OneDrive?

2. Can you access OneDrive for Business from app launcher or from My Site?

3. Is there any error message when you are trying to access the SharePoint site from Mac or mobile devices?

I suppose there might be some authentication issue. Also, there are certain limitations and incompatibilities when working with SharePoint on Mac.

To troubleshoot this issue, you can switch to another browser like Chrome or Firefox and see the result. You can also use OneDrive client application and see if you can sync any document library and get the files on local drive.

For mobile devices, I suggest you double check the authentication configurations. Test in SharePoint Mobile App and see the result.

Please refer to the links below for detailed information.

Sync files with OneDrive on Mac OS X.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/sync-files-with-onedrive-on-mac-os-x-d11b9f29-00bb-4172-be39-997da46f913f

Authentication for mobile devices.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/administration/mobile-security-and-authentication#authentication-for-mobile-devices

Supporting the SharePoint mobile apps online and on-premises.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/administration/supporting-the-sharepoint-mobile-apps-online-and-on-premises

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 7:21 AM
  • Hi,

A few things I would like to confirm:

What do you mean “office 365 app”? Are you referring to Office applications like Word or OneDrive?

Sorry for not being clear, I’m referring to the Mobile apps like excel and word, I tried to open files in an ON-PREMISE SharePoint Site collection. The same happen with Microsoft Office for Mac which I installed with my current O365 subscription. OneDrive only allow me to connect using my O365 account which I can access SharePoint Online, which is not the issue

Can you access OneDrive for Business from app launcher or from My Site?

I think this is not available ON-PREMISE SharePoint. 

Is there any error message when you are trying to access the SharePoint site from Mac or mobile devices?

The error that I get when I’m connecting from Android is: No Network Connection

Thanks for the reply and for the links.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 10:18 PM
  • Hi,

It is expected that you cannot open documents with Office apps on mobile device since you cannot see the documents.

II suggest you switch to IOS system or use the SharePoint Mobile App if possible. Check you network condition as well.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 9:10 AM
  • Hi,

I'm checking how it is going on with this issue.

Please remember to update this thread if you have any progress.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 10:54 AM