none
Approval Workflow task form not opening for anyone except for creator. RRS feed

• Question

• I developed an approval workflow in BrightWork using the SharePoint 2010 platform. The InfoPath workflow task forms will open fine for me but not for anyone else. I did make some custom changes to the approval form using SharePoint designer and InfoPath 2013. I tried to revert the form back to the basic with no customization and that did work but I need to be able to have the customization for the workflow to work as intended. I also was able to remove the permission for the SP group assigned, then grant Full control to that person and then they were able to open the task. But this is not an acceptable workaround either. Can you tell me why they cannot open the form? They are getting the following messages:

Outlook cannot open a new form.

The form cannot be opened. To fix this problem, contact the form designer.

Details: the file is not a valid XML document.

DTD is prohibited.

Line 2, Position 9

And also,

cannot open InfoPath form in web browser.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

<v:shapetype coordsize="21600,21600" filled="f" id="_x0000_t75" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" stroked="f">
     <v:stroke joinstyle="miter">
    <v:formulas>  <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0">
      <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0">
      <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1">
      <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2">
      <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth">
      <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight">
      <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1">
      <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2">
      <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth">
      <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0">
      <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight">
      <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0">
     </v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:formulas>
     <v:path gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect" o:extrusionok="f">
     <o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit">
    </o:lock></v:path></v:stroke></v:shapetype><v:shape alt="" id="Picture_x0020_1" o:spid="_x0000_i1025" style="width:493.5pt;height:192.75pt;" type="#_x0000_t75">
    <v:imagedata o:href="cid:image002.png@01D585AA.216C0700" src="file:///C:\Users\00082448\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png">
    </v:imagedata></v:shape>

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 10:45 PM

All replies

• Hi sheckid,

I want to confirm some information to you for troubleshooting:

What permission did the user have in the SharePoint group?

Whether the user couldn’t open the approval form both in Outlook and SharePoint site?

How did you customize the approval form?

Whether the workflow task list has unique permission? Please grant the user edit permission in this task list directly to check the result.

And please try to disable the Request Management service in CA>System settings>Services on server and test again.

Similar issue: Workflow Tasks: The file is not a valid XML document.

Best regards,

Julie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 8:26 AM
  • Hi sheckid,

I’m checking how the things are going on about this issue. Whether the post helps you?

You can mark the post as answer if it helps.

Best regards,

Julie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, November 18, 2019 1:55 AM
  • Hi sheckid,

Is there any progress on this issue?

Best regards,

Julie

Friday, November 22, 2019 9:49 AM