none
Microsoft .NET Application Security

Question

• Hi,

i am trying to install sql server 2008 Enterprise Edition X86 on a Windows XP x86. At the Configuration Checker it says that "Microsoft .NET Application Security" is not applicable. I can however install everything.

What does this message mean please?

I heared that SQL 2008 only available on Vista and higher, because of this .

Now I even cant uninstall sql normally. When I used add remove it does not uninstall everything.
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 8:51 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

The checker verifies internet connectivity, and it only runs on Vista and higher. Since you operating system is Windows XP, you can ignore it.

Have a nice day,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, October 12, 2009 2:24 AM
  • Thank you for the answering,

I have another problem. I cant install Database Engine, so i can fully work with the SQL 2008. I heard that with SQL 2005 i will not have any problems. But now i cant uninstall sql normally. When I used add remove it does not uninstall everything. I even cant see that SQL 2008 were installed.

What should I do? Only format will helps me?
    Monday, October 12, 2009 5:59 PM
  • Hi,

The SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition is a server edition, it can be installed on Windows Server 2003/2008. I think you didn't have SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition installed, so you don't need uninstall anything.

For more information on Requirements for Installing SQL Server 2008 see here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143506.aspx

Have a nice day,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Tuesday, October 13, 2009 1:36 AM
  • Hi Chun Song,

I meet some problems when installing SQL 2008 that. At the step Server Configuration the program showed out an error information as below, but i don't know how to improve it. Could you instruct me to solve this problem?

"[Error Message]
    The credentials you provided for the SQL Server Agent service are invalid. To continue, provide a valid account and password for the SQL Server Agent service.

[Details]
    Microsoft.SqlServer.Configuration.Agent.InputValidationException: The credentials you provided for the SQL Server Agent service are invalid. To continue, provide a valid account and password for the SQL Server Agent service.
    ================================================================================

"
    Thanks in advance
    Regards.Nhat

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 10:14 PM
  • Hi Nhat,

In the Server Configuration page of SQL Server 2008 setup, we need to provide a server account for each SQL Server services such as Database Engine, SQL Server Agent, Reporting Services and so on. Each service account could be local Windows account, domain account or built-in account.

If you are sure that you have provide the correct service account (and/or password), but still get this error. I would recommend you choose a built-in service account such as Local System, Network Service account for SQL Server Agent service, and after you installed SQL Server instance, you could change the service account via SQL Server Configuration Manager.

For more information about SQL Server service accounts, please refer to SQL Server Configuration – Server Account (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc281953.aspx).

Since this thread is closed and in order to make the replies on the topic, please post a new thread if you have more questions.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Chunsong

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 1:30 AM