none
Quick Assist in View Screen mode allows touch input to control remote PC RRS feed

• Question

• See the subject. When in a Quick Assist session in View Screen mode, keyboard and mouse input is not passed to the remote PC, but touch input is, allowing the assisting user to control the remote machine via touch.

This seems like a serious bug, and a serious security hole.

--Daniel

• Edited by Kirchh Wednesday, June 12, 2019 8:13 PM
    Wednesday, June 12, 2019 7:52 PM

All replies

• HI
    Thanks for discovering this issue 。
    1 can you enter winver in command prompt on both computers and look the os version and os version number ?[for example windows 10  enterprise 1809 (os build 17763.316)]

2 do your issue happen when you remote access to win10 pc from Microsoft surface book with win10 os?
    3 when you use standard user account(not admin account) remote view win10 pc by using "quick assist", will the problem persist ?
    4 are your local policy and domain policy not configured state about below policy for destination computer?
    Computer Configuration\User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Remote Desktop Services \Remote Desktop Session Host\Connections
    set rules for remote control of remote desktop service user session

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:35 PM
  • Andy -

Were you able to reproduce the bug I found? Let's start there.

--Daniel

P.S. I don't have a Surface of any kind.

Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:37 PM
  • hi,
    I have no windows touch tablet ,so I can not reproduce it .
    5 can you also post your issue in below website ?
    Remote Desktop Services user voice 
    https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/266795-remote-desktop-services

6 can you post the issue video to cloud disk and share it to here.(In video you need to mask your private information)

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 14, 2019 9:56 AM
  • I don’t have a touch tablet either. Why don’t you find someone with a laptop with a touchscreen so you can reproduce the issue? I would think that such a serious security flaw would be something Microsoft would want to investigate and address immediately. When you get access to a touchscreen device, you can make whatever videos you like.

Your profile is incomplete; in accordance with Microsoft requirements for affiliated personnel, you need to fill out the "I work at" field in your profile so when you post, readers know what company you work for.

—Daniel

• Edited by Kirchh Saturday, June 15, 2019 1:13 AM
    Friday, June 14, 2019 12:56 PM
  • hi,
    Why don’t you find someone with a laptop with a touchscreen so you can reproduce the issue?
    yes, this is good suggestion. but most of
    colleagues are using VDI(include me).I have sent this case to related department ,I hope product team will test it and fix it as soon as possible.
    Thanks for your discovering this issue.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Monday, June 17, 2019 2:35 AM
  • Judych wrote,

hi,

Why don’t you find someone with a laptop with a touchscreen so you can reproduce the issue?
    yes, this is good suggestion. but most of colleagues are using VDI(include me).I have sent this case to related department ,I hope product team will test it and fix it as soon as possible.
    Thanks for your discovering this issue.

Judych, do you work for Microsoft?
    Monday, June 17, 2019 2:48 AM
  • Andy, your profile is incomplete; in accordance with Microsoft requirements for affiliated personnel, you need to fill out the "I work at" field in your profile so people know who you work for.

Can you do that to come into compliance with Microsoft's rules for affiliates?

Monday, June 17, 2019 2:51 AM
  • Hi
    Thanks for your suggestion .

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 7:19 AM
  • Hi
    Thanks for your suggestion .

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Not really a "suggestion," Andy. I'm trying to get across the fact that you're violating Microsoft's policies in these forums. It's baffling that you have decided to continue to conceal your company affiliation. If you are determined to continue this deception, I'll pursue the matter through other channels. It's your call.
    Tuesday, July 2, 2019 2:59 PM