none
How to display Announcements using Highlighted Content Webpart on modern page? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

As I could see, List viewer web part doesn't shows "Announcement List" , I am wondering whether there is any way to add/edit and view "Announcements" from announcement list on modern page? Probably using High lighted Content web part? Or there is only one way of creating a custom list?

Note : If I select approach of creating a custom announcement list, then "Expire" date logic will not work there, therefore I am looking for displaying an announcements with OOTB approach

Can anyone please clarify on that?

Best Regards,

Dipti Chhatrapati

Friday, October 18, 2019 10:53 AM

Answers

• hi dipti,

using hcwp webpart you can only view and edit announcement list items. here is the screenshot of my environment(sp online) -

Announcement list - 

here is the screenshot of hcwp with configuration. you need to set contentclass managed property to STS_ListItem_Announcements and the webpart will show you all announcement list item from the site - 

you will have to re-index your announcement list. If you can see the second option then you can simply type a caml query and get the same results.

final webpart - 

you can add a link webpart in your page that will redirect you to new announcement creation - 

keep in mind that after adding an item the results will not be visible on the announcement webpart. it will depend upon your crawl frequency.

K Mohit

Sunday, October 20, 2019 5:12 PM

All replies

• hi dipti,

using hcwp webpart you can only view and edit announcement list items. here is the screenshot of my environment(sp online) -

Announcement list - 

here is the screenshot of hcwp with configuration. you need to set contentclass managed property to STS_ListItem_Announcements and the webpart will show you all announcement list item from the site - 

you will have to re-index your announcement list. If you can see the second option then you can simply type a caml query and get the same results.

final webpart - 

you can add a link webpart in your page that will redirect you to new announcement creation - 

keep in mind that after adding an item the results will not be visible on the announcement webpart. it will depend upon your crawl frequency.

K Mohit

Sunday, October 20, 2019 5:12 PM
  • Hi Dipti,

I am checking your situation here.

If you have any questions, you can update them at any time.

If you think the replies are helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, October 21, 2019 7:22 AM
  • Hi Mohit,

Thank you for your help here, however i face following issues in search:

in classic search - _layouts/15/osssearchresults.aspx/results.aspx on this page, with "Everything" scope, It displays few search results with keyword "contentclass=STS_Listitem_Announcements"

While in Modern search experience, under same farm as classic one - _layouts/15/search.aspx on this page, with "All Sites" and "All" as scope, It doesn't shows any results with the same keyword  "contentclass=STS_Listitem_Announcements"

Because of different behaviour in Modern search, I think it is already not reflecting on hcwp with the settings you have suggested.

Meaning content have been crawled as expected, however in modern search it doesnt display as expected, any clue?

Note : I observed that only announcement list items are not resulted in search results in modern experience unlike classic experience

Best Regards,

Dipti Chhatrapati

Monday, October 21, 2019 8:36 AM
  • Just noticed that, despite of the difference in search for the "contentclass=STS_Listitem_Announcements"  in classic and modern experience, I am able to see the announcement items in hcwp  as suggested.

Best Regards,

Dipti

Dipti Chhatrapati

Monday, October 21, 2019 8:57 AM