none
AD Managed Service Accounts in SharePoint 201X RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning SharePoint Community,

I wanted to ask from your different/professional perspectives the implications, pros and cons of using Active Directory Managed Service Accounts for my SharePoint Farms. (I'm not talking about SharePoint Managed Accounts but AD Managed accounts. Cool article with the differences here

At a first glance I believe I cannot switch a regular active directory account in to a managed service account. So I have a couple of questions for you all. I found this here which says you absolutely can, however I'm more asking you about the implications and if it really is possible/feasible.

• Does it mean I have to re-build my farm say if I need to turn my SPFarmAdmin account to AD  Managed Accounts? Or
    • Is there a way to swap accounts without rebuilding the farm?
    • Can I install SharePoint with my personal elevated account or is it a MUST to install it using the "SPFarmAdmin" service account?
    • Can I install patches and run the SharePoint configuration wizard with an elevated (personal not service account) admin account  other than "SPFarmAdmin"?

I will definitely do my homework, however I would really appreciate any input.

Thank you!
    OT

OT

Thursday, October 3, 2019 6:17 PM

Answers

All replies