none
Create new site by specific name RRS feed

• Question

• hi everyone

i have two questions

1- if i deleted site can i restore it ?

2- can i deleted site form Recycle Bin to using name site collocation  to create new site by using name ?

Thx you 

Monday, August 19, 2019 7:49 AM

Answers

• yes you can restore the deleted sites from SharePoint Admin Center. all the deleted sites will exists 93 days under Deleted Sites section in Admin Center you can restore it from there any point of time within these 93 days.

Go to Admin Center -> Deleted Sites

yes you can delete the existing site collection and create with same name as well. Just use the below powershell to delete site from the Deleted Sites as well.

Connect-SPOService -Url https://Contoso-admin.SharePoint.com/
    Remove-SPDeletedSite -Identity "YourSiteURL"

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Monday, August 19, 2019 11:15 AM

All replies

• yes you can restore the deleted sites from SharePoint Admin Center. all the deleted sites will exists 93 days under Deleted Sites section in Admin Center you can restore it from there any point of time within these 93 days.

Go to Admin Center -> Deleted Sites

yes you can delete the existing site collection and create with same name as well. Just use the below powershell to delete site from the Deleted Sites as well.

Connect-SPOService -Url https://Contoso-admin.SharePoint.com/
    Remove-SPDeletedSite -Identity "YourSiteURL"

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Monday, August 19, 2019 11:15 AM
  • Hi Sharath, 

Thanks. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 2:06 AM