none
Failed to uninstal SQL Server 2014 (The Folder Path Contains an Invalid Character) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have very specific problem. I was using SQL server 2014 to some project. Project of, all data gone. Now I trying uninstall SQL Server because I don't need it. But i get every time on every package the same error. Can somebody help me uninstall it and debug problem?

I was try uninstall it via control panel and via powershell. It not help

I got error in popup:

"The folder path "Microsoft SQL Server" contains an invalid character."

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 8:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Krumo_Axel,

Would you please tell us if you have removed  "Microsoft SQL Server" folder in  C:\Program Files? Please try to uninstall sql server manually by the steps in the link: http://www.sqlcoffee.com/Tips0026.htm

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, July 18, 2019 5:27 AM
  • Hi,

I have SQL Server in this location and it was uninstalled. But the main project and files i have on drive D: witch was unplugged and I haven't any chance to restore it. Tommorow I will delete it using registry, because I haven't setup in C:/

Monday, July 22, 2019 9:19 PM