none
Need Help with Error Code and what it means Error - Method not found: 'System.Data.DataTable RRS feed

• Question

• Been looking at error message all morning trying to find the specific issue:

Error - Method not found: 'System.Data.DataTable SP_DataObjects.General.ReferenceTableDataObject.get_RepairUpgrade()'.

I am guessing that the file SP_DataObjects within the referenced to General file that the _RepairUpgrade is not there.

But, it is there.  SOOOO What does this error Mean? does it mean there is no reference to in the Visual WebPart, which that is not true either.

how do I get the Dataobject to see _RepairUpgrade?

do I need to recompile my code???? ( Which I have done several times)

Just trying to figure out why I have the error message.

• Edited by cowboy2066 Tuesday, September 17, 2019 9:45 PM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 6:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Is any custom/third-party library in your solution?

It would be better to provide more details for your solution/code so we could try to research.

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 1:47 AM
  • No 3rd party items at all.

We use a DataObjects.General page which has the _RepairUpgrade

I make the call to the Data Object Page using a using
    using SP_PP_DataObjects.General;

namespace SP_DataObjects
    {
        namespace General
        {
            /// <summary>
            ///
            /// </summary>
            public class PPDataObject
            {

/// <summary>
                /// </summary
                private string _RepairUpgrade;
                public string RepairUpgrade
                {
                    get
                    {
                        return _RepairUpgrade;

}
                    set
                    {
                        _RepairUpgrade = value;

}

}

private DataTable _RepairUpgrade;
                public DataTable RepairUpgrade
                {
                    get
                    {
                        return _RepairUpgrade;
                    }
                    set
                    {
                       _RepairUpgrade = value;
                    }
                }

that is my data call...

• Edited by cowboy2066 Wednesday, September 18, 2019 8:38 PM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2019 8:23 PM
  • Hi,

You'd better share your detailed solution so we could know how you call the function.

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, September 19, 2019 7:51 AM
  • the above code, is where the Data "Connect" seems to happen for the error message. we have a file Named SP_DataObjects.General and on the inside of it that is where the Get Set is done.

Error - Method not found: 'System.Data.DataTable SP_DataObjects.General.ReferenceTableDataObject.get_Upgrade()'.

to supply you with all the code that would be 25K PLUS lines of Code, plus 4 other files

Not going to happen, as it is too much to thin out, maybe over the weekend I can thin it out.

Decided as a test to change RepairUpgrade to Upgrade

I will try to supply as much as I can code snippet wise, just need an idea of what code you want to see

as the original developer has code for the main body of code, going to 4 subfiles.

LOTS OF CODE.

Would be helpful if you have an idea of which code snippets for me to provide.

As this is not a small thing

• Edited by cowboy2066 Thursday, September 19, 2019 6:06 PM
    Thursday, September 19, 2019 5:33 PM
  • Hi,

I didn't find the class in your code shared.

SP_DataObjects.General.ReferenceTableDataObject

In Visual Studio, when you building your project, you would see the error message if there is compile error, this would help you identify which class has issue.

Best Regards,

Lee

Friday, September 20, 2019 4:07 AM
  • just an FYi, Ran F5.. nothing.. code compiled.. the webpage is what was showing the error.

I can not for some reason find the w3p under the Attach Process to do in depth debugging.

Ok, current Status:

Error message
    Error - Method not found: 'System.Data.DataTable SP_DataObjects.General.ReferenceTableDataObject.get_RepairUpgrade()'.

Found the issue, it was in one of the Linked using pages.

Now, onward to figuring out why the drop down is not populating with the Data from the SharePoint list.

Friday, September 20, 2019 3:23 PM
  • Hi,

I suggest you debugging to monitor the datatable values, not to find error, this would help you identify whether your datatable constructed correctly.

For example:

Best Regards,

Lee

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 1:01 AM
  • that error code has been solved:

the current issue is still there, still have issue with the Dropdown not populating.

So, please let me know how to set the quickwatch on my  code. As I am still not getting anything to show up as errors

• Edited by cowboy2066 Tuesday, September 24, 2019 4:59 PM
    Tuesday, September 24, 2019 3:17 PM
  • Hi ,

Could you share the data source as my demo screenshots to confirm the data rows and data columns?

Best Regards,

Lee

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 7:13 AM