none
How to add a SharePoint mail to Outlook for iOS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm a newbie at SharePoint, and I really appreciate any help here.

I have created a SharePoint site at my tenant called "sekretariat". The email for that site is then called sekretariat@[mail domain].onmicrosoft.com. I can also email sekretariat@[mail domain].com, and view all the emails under CONVERSATION in my SharePoint site.

What do you call this email? It's not a "shared mailbox", right?

How can I add this mail to Outlook on an iOS device (newest version for app and OS).

Thanks.

Sunday, October 20, 2019 5:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• hi jensjakobsen,

this is called an 0365 group and it's a feature of modern site. every time you create a modern site in sharepoint it will automatically create an o365 group for you. here is a good read - 

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-SharePoint-Blog/Modernize-your-SharePoint-team-sites-by-connecting-them-to-new/ba-p/201371

it's not a shared mailbox. you dont need to add it anywhere it will automatically appear in your outlook web app - 

and in android app > hamburger menu>groups

K Mohit

• Marked as answer by jensjakobsen Monday, October 21, 2019 6:52 AM
    Sunday, October 20, 2019 8:43 PM
  • Thanks Mohit. Just a final clarification to my question please: It’s NOT possible to add the o365 group mail to your iPhone within the Outlook app?
    Sunday, October 20, 2019 9:10 PM
  • what do u mean when you say to add the o365 mail to outlook? 

it's going to be there automatically. you can check it by sending an email to the address. simpley create an email and type the mail address.

K Mohit

• Edited by KumarMohiT Sunday, October 20, 2019 9:39 PM
    Sunday, October 20, 2019 9:39 PM
  • Sorry, Mohit, for not being clearer - I needed clarification to my first questions, when I asked if that group mail would appear on my iOS Outlook app (Question were: "How can I add this mail to Outlook on an iOS device").

I learned that the iOS Outlook indeed has a feature called GROUPS, and when you click on it, you can see all the groups where you're a member - another tap on a group will lead you to that group mailbox.

Monday, October 21, 2019 7:00 AM
  • Hi jensjakobsen, 

I’m pleased to know your issue is solved, thanks for  KumarMohiT's help. 

Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information.

Request:

====================

How to add a SharePoint mail to Outlook for iOS

solution:

====================

Referred to KumarMohiT's reply, solution is: 

Every time you create a modern site in SharePoint it will automatically create an o365 group for you. 

It's not a shared mailbox. you don't need to add it anywhere it will automatically appear in your outlook web app.

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, October 21, 2019 8:54 AM