SQL Server Management Studio 2012 - Local Server Groups

• I know how to create new registered servers and new registered server groups.

Wat do I do when the "Local Server Groups" do not show up, or do not exist? The "Registered Servers" window shows up, but it is empty. I cannot right click anywhere within the window to bring up any options and the 4 icons do not seem to do anything.

I am using SQL Server Management Studio 11 (The one paired with SQL Server 2012).

Friday, November 02, 2012 6:07 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Please follow steps detailed on the following articles:

Hope this helps.

Alberto Morillo

Friday, November 02, 2012 6:17 PM
  • Uggghhhh

I must be the only person in the world with this problem.  NO, that solution helped me none.  I've installed management studio 100 X and have NEVER had this issue.  In "Registered Servers" tab....THERE IS NOTHING.  Nothing to right click on, no server groups or local server group showing.  Can't right click on anything because nothing is showing.  Can't create any groups, can't register any servers because it's not showing the upper tree level to start with.

Friday, October 18, 2013 2:57 PM
  • No, you are not the only one that is having this problem.  I just install SQL Express 2014 and have encountered the same situation.

Did you ever figure out what to do?

Friday, October 31, 2014 12:25 AM