none
SP2010 import and use computer names from trusted domain RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I received a request to create a SharePoint list containing all computers from two trusted domains.

When I edit sync connections in CA and run query from one domain I can see a group where all computers are listed.

How can I use that in an application to create simple list of those computers, or is there a different path to do something like that?

It doesn't even need to be related to the user, at least for now :) ...

thank you

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 9:10 AM

All replies

• Hi makrizma,

Think you can export the computer list info from domain, then import the computer info to the new SharePoint list.

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 10:05 AM
  • Thank you for your reply,

My intention was to create a list that will update on scheduled syncronization and present current list of computers.

If I understood correctly, according to your suggestion I would have to manually export the list on lets say daily basis and... for now ...that is not an option.

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 10:20 AM
  • ...or it is if there's no other way :D
    Wednesday, November 13, 2019 10:24 AM
  • Hi

I don't think there is out of box solution for synchronizing AD computers info to SharePoint list. You may have to write custom solution by code if you need it.

Justin Liu Office Apps & Services MVP, MCSE
    Senior Software Engineer
    Learn Microsoft 365 from Microsoft DOCs now!
    Please Vote and Mark as Answer if it helps you.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 1:25 AM
  • Hi,

As Justin said, there is no OOB solution to sync computer information to SharePoint 2010 list.

You need to apply custom solutions or third-party tools to achieve this requirement.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 2:38 AM
  • Ok,

Thank you both for replying.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 8:27 AM
  • Hi,

If you find any reply helpful to you, you can mark it as the answer.

It will help others who meet similar question in this forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Here’s a link for a third-party tool just in case you need one.

Import computer objects from Active Directory to a SharePoint list.

Third party tool disclaimer: While Microsoft supports and encourages open-source software development, it does not provide technical support for the softwares from third parties, nor does it guarantee that the software will work as described.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 8:58 AM