unable to install mu sql server 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• hello........i installed sql server 2008 many times,,,but i am not able to connect it to the server........it shows error 2......because every time i downloaded....it misses it server connection.......help me how can i able to use it

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 4:34 PM

All replies

• Hi ashh,

According to your current description, I am not sure whether you have a failure issue during SQL Server installation. Or actually you have successfully installed SQL Server instance, but get error when you connect to SQL Server(Suppose you are using SQL Server Management Studio).

Please Determine Whether the Database Engine Is Installed and Started.

>>>>Microsoft SQL Server Error 2
    Please open the SQL Server Configuration manager, make sure the state of SQL Server instance is running.

If it is a problem of installation failure, it's difficult to determine the cause of the SQL Server installation failure according to your current description, please show more detailed error message,such as the Summary.txt file(C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Setup Bootstrap\Log\).

If necessary please check following articles for reference:

SQL Server 2008 Installation Step By Step

View and Read SQL Server Setup Log Files

SQL Server Configuration Manager not found

Best Regards,
    Cris

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 2:14 AM
  • Hi ashh,

I am writing to follow up this thread with you. Is there any update on this case?Was your issue resolved? 

If you have resolved your issue, please mark the useful reply as answer. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

In addition, if you have another questions, please feel free to ask.
    Thanks for your contribution.

Best regards,
    Cris

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 15, 2020 1:28 AM