none
SSRS Service application rendering "The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable." RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi all

    When Iam clicking on "system settings" and "manage jobs" under ssrs service application @sp2016 its giving below error  

    Could any plz suggest me what to do


    Sashank

    Thursday, August 16, 2018 8:38 AM

All replies

  • Hi Sashank, 

    First thing is to verify that the SSRS service is running. Go to report server configuration manager and starts the service if stopped.

    Reference:

    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/17d3d563-d79b-4e54-bba9-5a64c247ce8d/how-to-fix-problem-503-service-unavailable-in-ssrs-?forum=sqlreportingservices

    Besides, i would suggest you can create a thread in SSRS forum, you will get more information from there and more experts there will help you.

    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/home?forum=sqlreportingservices

    Thanks for your understanding.

    Best Regards, 

    Lisa Chen



    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.


    Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

    Friday, August 17, 2018 6:47 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi Sashank,

    Were you able to resolve this issue? If yes, then please share your solution here. Even I am facing the same issue in SP2016.

    Thursday, November 14, 2019 8:54 AM
  • I faced the same problem in our environment (SharePoint 2013). Its 2020 and yes, we have stuff running on SP2013.

    We had the SQL SSRS Service running in two servers. And the service was disabled in one of the server.

    Get-SPServiceInstance |? typename -Match 'sql server reporting services'

    But, when we clicked the either of the two links (System Settings (or) Manage Jobs) and checked the corresponding ULS logs, the requests was going to the server where the service was disabled.

    We had to provision the service and then unprovision it again, which fixed this issue.

    $ssrs = Get-SPServiceInstance |? typename -Match 'sql server reporting services'

    Note the server and service id:

    $serverName = $ssrs |where-object {$_.status -eq 'disabled'} |% {$_.Server.address}

    $serviceId = $ssrs |where-object {$_.status -eq 'disabled'} |% {$_.id.guid}

    $ssrsShadow = Get-SPServiceInstance -Identity $serviceId

    $ssrsShadow.Provision()

    $ssrsShadow = Get-SPServiceInstance -Identity $serviceId

    $ssrsShadow.Unprovision()

    But later when we opened an SSRS reporting from a site collection, we got an error in loading the report.

    Looks like the requests was going to the server where the service was disabled. This time, we stopped and started the service from the central admin->system settings->manage services on server-> pick the server where the service is disabled->stop 'SQL Server Reporting Services Service'.

    After this, we are able to open the SSRS Reports and the System Settings from the SSRS Service Application.

    Maybe, this will be helpful for someone.

    Thursday, January 30, 2020 2:11 AM