Key Dimension attribute not visible in cube browser RRS feed

• Question

• When browsing the cube either through managemnet studio the key dimension attribute is not visible . However when I browse just the dimension, I'm able to see this attribute. Is this the default behaviour ?. Is there any property I need to set to make it visble ?. The AttributeHierarchyVisible property is already set to true.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 5:15 AM

Answers

• This is not a bug. This property exists for both database dimensions AND cube dimensions and these objects are not one and the same. When you add a database dimension to a cube, the AttributeHierarchyVisible property values (and others) will assume the values of the database dimension properties. However, if you change the value of the database dimension values, these are not automatically changed in the associated cube dimensions. You will have to change the AttributeHierarchyVisible property in the Cube Structure tab of the Cube Editor. One of the reasons for this behavior is because of role playing where a single database dimension can be referenced multiple times in a cube; in this case, the AttributeHierarchyVisible properties (and others) can be set independently in the cube editor.  Perspectives work the same way but, again, this I believe is by design and not a bug.

To summarize, you need to set the AttributeHierarchyVisible property of the attribute for the cube dimension in the cube editor. It's not automatically changed when you change the AttributeHierarchyVisible property of the database dimension.

HTH, Martin

http://martinsbiblog.spaces.live.com
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 8:02 PM
  • Sorry for the late answer. I think it is a bug in multiple versions of AS.

Create a dimension with the AttributeHierarchyVisible set to False

Deploy and process

Change the AttributeHierarchyVisible to True

Deploy and process, the attribute is not visible...

Go to the Perspectives tab, expand the dimension, click on the attribute, look at the properties, it is set Not to be visible...

Change the property to be visible, redeploy reprocess.

You attribute is now visible.

Thanks/Regards, Philippe Cand
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 6:37 PM

All replies

• Sorry for the late answer. I think it is a bug in multiple versions of AS.

Create a dimension with the AttributeHierarchyVisible set to False

Deploy and process

Change the AttributeHierarchyVisible to True

Deploy and process, the attribute is not visible...

Go to the Perspectives tab, expand the dimension, click on the attribute, look at the properties, it is set Not to be visible...

Change the property to be visible, redeploy reprocess.

You attribute is now visible.

Thanks/Regards, Philippe Cand
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 6:37 PM
  • This is not a bug. This property exists for both database dimensions AND cube dimensions and these objects are not one and the same. When you add a database dimension to a cube, the AttributeHierarchyVisible property values (and others) will assume the values of the database dimension properties. However, if you change the value of the database dimension values, these are not automatically changed in the associated cube dimensions. You will have to change the AttributeHierarchyVisible property in the Cube Structure tab of the Cube Editor. One of the reasons for this behavior is because of role playing where a single database dimension can be referenced multiple times in a cube; in this case, the AttributeHierarchyVisible properties (and others) can be set independently in the cube editor.  Perspectives work the same way but, again, this I believe is by design and not a bug.

To summarize, you need to set the AttributeHierarchyVisible property of the attribute for the cube dimension in the cube editor. It's not automatically changed when you change the AttributeHierarchyVisible property of the database dimension.

HTH, Martin

http://martinsbiblog.spaces.live.com
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 8:02 PM
  • Thank you Martin, Thank you Martin, Really Thank you Martin!

I have even delete and rebuild a dimension $µù^`][´:)

Thursday, May 12, 2011 1:39 PM