none
The minimum requirements to access a remote SQL Server 2012 Database

问题

• Hello,

I'm currently having a problem with the computers of my colleagues on their connection to my SQL Server 2012 instance.

They simply can't find my server and its databases. As they've installed only SQL Server 2008R2, I feared it's happening because they're missing the SQL Server 2012 Database Engine, or the SQL Server Browser is outdated.

Do you know the minimum requirements a client has to have to connect to a remote SQL Server 2012 instance? Do they need only to install the 2012 Database Engine?

(Edit: the error message)

The Unattended Service Account "BLABLA\user" does not have access to the following data source server.

Data source location: http://server/bi/Data Connections for PerformancePoint/10_.000
    Data source name: New Data Source
    Server name: myserver\tabularinstance

Exception details:
    Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnectionException: A connection cannot be made to redirector. Ensure that 'SQL Browser' service is running. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.126.199:2382
       at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port)

Regards,

Jorge Mateus

Jorge Mateus

2012年5月29日 13:42

答案

全部回复