Restore Site Recommondations and Info?

• I am working through testing site recovery in our Dev/QA environment. I want to be fully prepared should the need arise in prod. I am looking for a complete reference guide to all the options in the site recovery wizard. There are many options and I would like to learn what each does, when to use the various options, etc.

Can anyone recommend a good source for this info? Are there any favorite books or web sites that have the process fully detailed and explained?

27. února 2012 21:02

Všechny reakce

• What's missing in the official docs? See also the links at the end of the document plus the menu on the left.

Torsten Meringer |

27. února 2012 22:13
  • In my opinion quite a lot is missing. Like when to use restore versus repair. When to restore the database and when not. When to point at other sites to recover settings from and what this means to you. When and why is the "Repair or reconfigure a site" used? The list goes on.

I have lots of questions that I am unable to find concrete answers to and examples of.

27. února 2012 22:25
  • Yes, I know this is an old post, but I’m trying to clean them up. Did you solve this problem, if so what was the solution?

Did you know that you can email the Docs team?  You can make suggestion to them about what you think is missing within the docs.

Their email address is listed with the offline version of the docs.

Garth Jones | My blogs: Enhansoft and Old Blog site | Twitter: @GarthMJ

21. května 2015 12:58
  • Garth,

No, I never found what I was looking for. Thankfully I have never had to do a production restore. Since we have a premium account with Microsoft I can use those hours for CM support calls if needed. 

21. května 2015 14:36