SCCM Cloud Management Gateway Instances RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

Our SCCM environment comprises of 1 CAS and 3 Primary(US, APAC, EMEA). I have configured one cloud management gateway on CAS and 1 connection point on US primary site and configured co-management. I found that in the sccm client install command line provided in the co-management properties has US primary site code in it.

My question is how will I be able to assign a different site codes for internet only devices that are in different regions(APAC & EMEA)?

Please suggest.

Regards,
    Prasanth
    Saturday, August 8, 2020 11:46 PM

Answers

• Hi Fionay,

Turns out the SCCM co-management will only show one site code even if we configure CMG connection point under different sites. So the trick is to just change site code to which ever site you want and install.

Regards,
    Prasanth
    • Marked as answer by Prasanth RS Monday, August 17, 2020 12:31 PM
    Monday, August 17, 2020 12:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Prasanth RS,

Thanks for posting in TechNet.

1. The Configuration Manager client is mostly unaffected by the slight latency that can occur with the cloud service even when geographically distant. So it is recommended that we could build a topology design like one CAS with multiple CMG connection points.
    Here is a helpful image for you to refer to:

If we want to understand more, please refer to this article:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/configmgr/core/clients/manage/cmg/plan-cloud-management-gateway

2.Could we check whether the CMG connection points of APAC and EMEA have been created successfully or not?

I hope this could help you. Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
    Fiona Yan

"MECM" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "MECM" forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post. Please remember to markthe replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by fionay Monday, August 10, 2020 7:01 AM
    Monday, August 10, 2020 6:51 AM
  • Hi,

Hope everything goes well.

May we know the current status of the question? If there is any other assistance we can provide, please feel free to let us know, we will do our best to help you.

Best regards,
    Fiona Yan

We invite you to post new questions in the "MECM" forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by fionay Thursday, August 13, 2020 10:41 AM
    Thursday, August 13, 2020 10:41 AM
  • Hi Fionay,

Turns out the SCCM co-management will only show one site code even if we configure CMG connection point under different sites. So the trick is to just change site code to which ever site you want and install.

Regards,
    Prasanth
    • Marked as answer by Prasanth RS Monday, August 17, 2020 12:31 PM
    Monday, August 17, 2020 12:31 PM
  • Hi Prasanth RS,

Thanks for sharing your experience and solution here.
    We believe this will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

Best regards,
    Fiona Yan

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by fionay Thursday, August 20, 2020 2:09 AM
    Thursday, August 20, 2020 2:09 AM