none
Ops Manager 2012 Sp1 - Issues with Exchange Management Pack 14.3.38.4 and Alerts RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

We have just deployed SCOM 2012 with SP1 and are trying to get monitoring working for our Exchange 2010 SP2 Servers with Update Rollup 5-v2 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 installed.

We are getting several alerts which seem to be false positives but I'd rather not tune them out if there is a fix.

For example we are getting the following on one of our servers:

Failed to execute Troubleshoot-DatabaseSpace.ps1.

Error formatting a string: Format string is not supported..

Diagnostic
    command: ".\Troubleshoot-DatabaseSpace.ps1 -Server MAIL2.Gallowglass.local
    -MonitoringContext"
    EventSourceName: MSExchange Monitoring
    Troubleshoot-DatabaseSpace

When I run the command on the server in question it runs fine and the events recorded in event viewer show all is well.

I am also getting alerts for the following:

KHI: HTTP Connectivity Against local server - Address Book failure (ABREF)

KHI: HTTP Connectivity Against local server - Address Book failure (NSPI)

KHI: HTTP Connectivity Against local server - RPC Client Access failure (connect)

Again if I run the command on the server with the "problem" all seems fine:

Test-OutlookConnectivity -Protocol:Http -TrustAnySSLCert:$true -MonitoringContext:$true

Everything passed successfully.

Similarly we are also getting:

KHI: Database unsearchable

Database 'Mailbox Database 1851793118' is unsearchable. Please check the Context
    field of the alert to see the details.

When I look at Event Viewer on our Exchange servers and all appears fine.

Are there issues with the management pack and if so is there any way to fix things or do I have no option but to override the alerts?

Before anyone asks I have read the guide and there is an extest mailbox. I tried unhiding it from our address book as some have suggested that as a possible solution but it had no effect. The alerts keep coming.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Darren

Friday, February 8, 2013 5:30 PM

All replies

• Hello Darren,

I think this is because that this version of Exchange 2010 MP is not compatible with SCOM 2012 SP1. It's a design problem. You should temporarily disable  these 4 monitors via overrides before a new version released.

Thanks,

Yog Li
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:34 AM
  • Thanks Yog,

Any clues as to when an updated MP is due to be released?

Thanks again.

Darren

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:38 AM