This is a huge error. There have been a few threads about it, but non of them helped me to solve it. Like this: http://smlets.codeplex.com/discussions/256211
We have done one thing: extended the Incident Class with an additional property. Then we use the original WebParts to create a new incident which will then open an incident, but then double the workflow which supposed to start only once on the creation event. So this was a dead end. Event the CU2 for SP1 faild to repair this.
Then we modified the webpart to first create the incident and then fill in the extra property. Now we get this error you can see below.
Interresting is that if I add this test user to the Administrators Role, then it has got sufficient rights to open an incident. As soon as I remove him he cannot open an incident and the event gets logged below.
We have contacted MS Support, and the guy says that even if we used the SDK and we have kept all MS recommendations he won't take this as a bug, because the system is customized. I say we have used only allowed customizations, so it still must work, and it is MS's fault that even a simple class extension will drive the system to fault.
If anyone has encountered this error please get in touch with me because MS does not seem to break its legs in a hurry to fix this.
Log Name: Operations Manager
Source: OpsMgr SDK Service
Date: 2011.06.14. 10:11:29
Event ID: 26319
Task Category: None
An exception was thrown while processing ProcessDiscoveryDataWithBinarySupport for session ID InProc.
Exception message: The user Domain\User does not have sufficient permission to perform the operation.
Full Exception: Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.UnauthorizedAccessEnterpriseManagementException: The user Domain\User does not have sufficient permission to perform the operation.
at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.DiscoveryDatabaseAccess.DiscoveryDataProcessor.Authorize(DiscoveryDataInstance discoveryDataInstance, AuthManager authMan, ReaderWriterLock authManLock, Boolean needsRefresh, Boolean useProcessContext, WindowsIdentity identity, DatabaseConnection databaseConnection)
at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceDataLayer.DiscoveryDataManager.DiscoveryPackageIncrementalProcessingHandler.ProcessDiscoveryDataWithBinarySupportInternal(DatabaseConnection databaseConnection, Guid discoverySourceId, IList`1 sdkEntityInstances, IList`1 sdkRelationshipInstances, IDictionary`2 streams, IContext context)
at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceDataLayer.DiscoveryDataManager.DiscoveryPackageIncrementalProcessingHandler.Process(DatabaseConnection databaseConnection)
at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.DiscoveryDatabaseAccess.DiscoveryPackageProcessor.ProcessWithRetry(HandleProcessing handleProcessing, RetryPolicy retryPolicy)
at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceDataLayer.DiscoveryDataManager.ProcessDiscoveryDataWithBinarySupport(DatabaseConnection dbconnection, Guid discoverySourceId, IList`1 sdkEntityInstances, IList`1 sdkRelationshipInstances, IDictionary`2 streams, IContext context)
at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceDataLayer.ConnectorFrameworkConfigurationService.ProcessDiscoveryDataWithBinarySupport(DatabaseConnection dbconnection, Int32 operation, Guid discoverySourceId, IList`1 entityInstances, IList`1 relationshipInstances, IDictionary`2 streams, Boolean useOptimisticConcurrency)
at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceDataLayer.ConnectorFrameworkConfigurationService.ProcessDiscoveryDataWithBinarySupport(Int32 operation, Guid discoverySourceId, IList`1 entityInstances, IList`1 relationshipInstances, IDictionary`2 streams, Boolean useOptimisticConcurrency)
Gonna check out that workaround, thanks!
But I got a bad feeling it won't work, because MS says that CU2 already fixed the doubling of Workflow, and after we installed CU2 we still got the error:
"Bug fix in notifications infrastructure that would cause duplicate notifications/workflows in some cases after applying SP1 CU1"
But Im going to get back tomorrow with results. Still MS has to admit this is just a workaround, and the bug still exists, if it fails tomorrow.
Gary has solved the problem instead of MS, and instead of Cumulative Update 2.
Thanks for Gary for providing the workaround, and thanks for Anders for routing me to that article.
No thanks goes for the MS premier support, who was not able to solve this issue in his own product.