I have switched over most of my servers to my new site, now I am just troubleshooting the remaining 50 or so. I keep running into this error when trying to move some of my clients over though, none of the clients have anything in common with each other except for this error. I don't know where to start to figure out what the issue is, there is DNS resolution and I can connect through a browser to my site from the servers in question.
sending with winhttp failed; 80072ee7
I came across below error message during SCCM 2007 R3 client push from server. When I checked the CCMSETUP.log file, I found error message:
"Sending with winhttp failed;8002ee7"
I convert the hexadecimal error code 80072ee7 into decimal and found that decimal error code is 12007(if you properly check the error lines shown in above pic, you can see 'Error at WinHttp SendRequest: 12007') which is "ERROR_INTERNET_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED".
ERROR_INTERNET_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED means there is problem in DNS name resolution.
I checked IP address settings in my client. BOOM !!! I found it.Due to misconfiguration in DNS, primary IP address for DNS server was 127.0.0.1. I changed the primary IP address for DNS with actual one. After that change, client starts download the client package from server and installation completed successfully.
- Proposed as answer by Kiran Kr Tamang Sunday, February 08, 2015 8:18 AM
Had the same issue with an SCCM Current Branch client. DNS checked out just fine.
When attempting to download http://server.ourdomain.com/SMS_DP_SMSPKG$/SC100002/ccmsetup.cab manually with a browser the download would start but then fail.
The client was in a branch office with a Meraki router. Rebooting the Meraki resolved the issue.