none
Download content locally vs. Access content directly RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all

SCCM R3 2007 SP2 on Windows 2008 R2, Clients = Windows XP SP3

Question: When using OSD, all of our computers will be on the local network. We have only 1 distribution point that's the SCCM server. My question is when advertising the OSD there's an option to download the content locally or access the content directly. I'm curious what's the best option for my situation?

Monday, October 25, 2010 2:32 PM

Answers

• well i find that selecting Access content directly is a lot faster when deploying an os and packages within the task sequence, your mileage might vary however and i'd advise you to test both scenarios to see how they work in your environment

also, if you are copying files from a package you may notice different results based on what you choose as your advertisements distribution settings, see here for details of what I mean

My step by step SCCM Guides
    I'm on Twitter > ncbrady
    • Marked as answer by JackRyan12 Monday, October 25, 2010 5:02 PM
    Monday, October 25, 2010 3:22 PM

All replies

• well i find that selecting Access content directly is a lot faster when deploying an os and packages within the task sequence, your mileage might vary however and i'd advise you to test both scenarios to see how they work in your environment

also, if you are copying files from a package you may notice different results based on what you choose as your advertisements distribution settings, see here for details of what I mean

My step by step SCCM Guides
    I'm on Twitter > ncbrady
    • Marked as answer by JackRyan12 Monday, October 25, 2010 5:02 PM
    Monday, October 25, 2010 3:22 PM
  • I usually do Access content directly when possible.  Now as Niall stated, some times you need to adjust you tasks to make it work based on if it's downloaded locally or run from network.
    Jay Parekh Project Leadership Associates
    Monday, October 25, 2010 3:59 PM
  • Thank you!
    Monday, October 25, 2010 5:02 PM