none
Installation success or error status: 1603

Question

• I'm receiving the same error noted above "Installation success or error status: 1603"  I'm installing on a Windows 2008 Ent Edition Server and a Windows 2008 R2\SQL 2008 Server. I'm also using the latest version of SCSM from MSDN downloads.

How can I resolve this issue??

Thanks,

Ray

Ray
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 3:30 PM

Answers

• I agree to that. I had the same problem with the pipe sign ("|") in the passwords, so avoid those. They are often calculated as user separation, and should not be used in passwords. I also had the same error message when I tried to install the DW and DM on an unsupported Collation which also run the SCOM DW. We found the best practise to isolate the SCSM DM and DW to a single instance with collation supporting CI_AS.

Hope this helps out a bit more.

Best Regards Thomas Mortsell
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 12:50 PM

All replies

• You must analyse the %Temp%\SCSMInstall0X.log (X - increased on each atempt to install) by yourself or provide additional information about error from this log file. 

Also make sure that installation folder is on local disk drive or on CD.

http://opsmgr.ru
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 5:49 PM
  • There are multiple error message but nothing specific that I can see... Would you be able to take a look at the log file?

Ray

Ray
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 6:22 PM
  • You can past errors here.
    http://opsmgr.ru
    Thursday, October 28, 2010 4:44 PM
  • I hit very interesting problem during my last deployment case in tuesday. I'am going to write longer description later with all error messages, but there was 1603 also.

My problem was that SCSM service and workflow accounts had quotation mark in password.

Friday, October 29, 2010 9:32 AM
  • I agree to that. I had the same problem with the pipe sign ("|") in the passwords, so avoid those. They are often calculated as user separation, and should not be used in passwords. I also had the same error message when I tried to install the DW and DM on an unsupported Collation which also run the SCOM DW. We found the best practise to isolate the SCSM DM and DW to a single instance with collation supporting CI_AS.

Hope this helps out a bit more.

Best Regards Thomas Mortsell
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 12:50 PM
  • Hi, As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as "Answered". Either the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios and will be marked as answer, or this post will be marked as answer in order to close the thread. Feel free to re-open the thread if you have additional information about this specific case or to open a new thread for a new case. In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks,

Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My Blog about SCOM) - MVP 2012 + 2013 and Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 + 2012 Recipient

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 5:44 PM