none
Configuring Inter-Organization and Internet Mail Flow Synthetic Transactions

Question

• Hi All -

We have SCOM R2 setup in our environment.

While configuring Internet Mail Flow Synthetic Transaction for Inter-organization and following the document provided by Technet (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd772574.aspx), I have come across following stumbling block:

The document makes this note " The destination mail service must be able to generate a delivery receipt ."

I have been trying to find any mail service which is able to generate delivery receipt but ended up in despair. Can anyone help me with any such mail service or the work around which can be used in this scenario. This is the last step and I am stuch up with this.

Any one from Microsoft ?
    NA
    • Moved by Rob KuehfusModerator Tuesday, September 29, 2009 11:59 PM Not a deployment issue. You will find better help in the MP forum. (From:Deployment)
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 6:06 AM

Answers

• If you're trying to setup mail flow transactions between organizations in your company, this should work. If you're trying to setup mail flow transactions to the internet, I am not aware of a solution for this from Microsoft. The intent with the MP was to allow for this scenario, not to provide the "ping" service itself.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
    Thursday, October 08, 2009 8:20 PM

All replies

• If you're trying to setup mail flow transactions between organizations in your company, this should work. If you're trying to setup mail flow transactions to the internet, I am not aware of a solution for this from Microsoft. The intent with the MP was to allow for this scenario, not to provide the "ping" service itself.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
    Thursday, October 08, 2009 8:20 PM
  • Hello, can you please elaborate on what a mail flow transaction would be "between organizations in your company" Does this mean that all mailflow needs to stay within your network or mail system?

So even if you have an external partner that utilizes a robust mail system like exchange there is no way to configure this monitor to go out over the internet?

Thanks
    Messaging Engineer
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 1:58 PM
  • We need to configure mail flow transaction b/w our organization say abc.com and some other organization say xyz.com over internet.

The aim here is to get the xyz.com mail server generate a Delivery Receipt and send it back to abc.com mail server. This is what required by Microsoft  in configuring " Inter-Organization and Internet Mail Flow Transaction ". Microsoft makes a note here " The destination mail service must be able to generate a delivery receipt . "

What we verify through this Delivery Receipt is that Our Exchange Services and Internet Services carrying our email out from the abc.com organization are working fine. This will actually serve as a monitoring for our Exchange 2007 and Internet Services. If either one fails, we won't receive the Delivery Receipt indicating there is something wrong with Exchange/Internet.

I have configured everything. The only stumbling block is the Destination Mail Service which can generate Delivery Receipt Automatically to abc.com Exchange server. I am unable to find any such service. I have found many which support intra-Exchange Delivery Receipt with single Exchange Organization but, I am unable to find one which generates Delivery Receipt from One Exchange Organization to Another Exchange Organization.

Any help in finding that mail service?

NA
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 6:44 AM
  • Did you ever find a service that does delivery reciept?

I have a personal one that does but cannot use it for corporate use.

Jeff.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 5:10 PM