none
Peer DP Agent Component error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello and thanks in advance for any help.

I don't have an SMS background so please bear with me.
    I am currently using the R2 version and after following the setup guides etc, my Branch Distribution Point does not seem to download updates, or even packages for that matter. I seem to get the following error, and this is also reflected in my test clients log file as well. It seems to point to a hash mismatch, but I really can't find much on it. Is there a better way to go about troubleshooting this? I have tried uncompressed as well but to no avail.

Content download for the package "LFC00003" -5" failed. The download failed becasue the content downloaded to the client does not match the content specified in the package source.

As a result of this I have no paths next to my BDP under Software distribution>Packages>Package name>Package Status>

Again sorry If I have not given enough info. Please let me know and I will be happy to provide anything needed.
    Monday, September 24, 2007 5:50 PM

Answers

• PCPro2Go,

Cathy is correct. You should not have to use a domain admin to make this work.

pcpro2go wrote:

Content download for the package "LFC00003" -5" failed. The download failed becasue the content downloaded to the client does not match the content specified in the package source.

... ...

I think it's sorted now. It looks like I was using the deafult System account under the ConfigMgr site system. I had it use a Domain Admin account for the "site system Installation Account" and it started working right away.

Your initial failure does look like a hash mismatch versus an access issue. Hence, again changing user/account should not fix your problem.

And the hash mismatch could be caused by:

• Issues with distribution manager when initially replicating the contents down to the the standard DP;
    • Issues with BDP downloading content from standard DP via BITS;
    • And please note that the mismatch failures could be caused by network or hardware failure during above two processes too.

But the solution to the mismatch failure, or the only thing that would make the mismatch error go away, is that the package content is accurately replicated from the site server to the standard DP and to the BDP.

So, my hypothesis at this point is:

• It's not because you change your site system installation account that made the error disappear.
    • Rather, it is one of your later package updates that corrected the previous package replication failure.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Cheng

Thursday, September 27, 2007 8:45 PM

All replies

• Ok,
    I think it's sorted now. It looks like I was using the deafult System account under the ConfigMgr site system. I had it use a Domain Admin account for the "site system Installation Account" and it started working right away.

Monday, September 24, 2007 8:47 PM
  • Um, making it a domain admin may work, but it's overkill and not a good thing to do for security. The better thing to do is to add the siteservercomputer$ account to the local admins group on the site system.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 4:27 PM
  • PCPro2Go,

Cathy is correct. You should not have to use a domain admin to make this work.

pcpro2go wrote:

... ...

Your initial failure does look like a hash mismatch versus an access issue. Hence, again changing user/account should not fix your problem.

And the hash mismatch could be caused by:

• Issues with distribution manager when initially replicating the contents down to the the standard DP;
    • Issues with BDP downloading content from standard DP via BITS;
    • And please note that the mismatch failures could be caused by network or hardware failure during above two processes too.

But the solution to the mismatch failure, or the only thing that would make the mismatch error go away, is that the package content is accurately replicated from the site server to the standard DP and to the BDP.

So, my hypothesis at this point is:

• It's not because you change your site system installation account that made the error disappear.
    • Rather, it is one of your later package updates that corrected the previous package replication failure.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Cheng

Thursday, September 27, 2007 8:45 PM