none
One Or More Accounts Provided Could Not Be Validated RRS feed

• Question

• I'm setting up a SCOM lab and am getting the "one or more accounts provided could not be validated" error during the install wizard. My lab setup is consisting of: 1 domain controller / 1 scom server / created the 4 scom accounts / created domain scom group to contain the 4 scom accounts / scom group has been added to the local admin group on the scom server.

I have also logged each of these 4 scom accounts into the server successfully to verify they can login and am manually typing everything into the wizard.

Please advise........

Jason

Jason

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 10:51 AM

Answers

• Hi Jason,

could you please check the OpsMgrSetupWizard log under %LocalAppData%\SCOM\Logs. I am curious if you will find a clue there. I would also check the System log on your management serer, just t make sure that there are no other issues....time sync, Kerberos, SecureChannel and stuff like that...

This one:

SCOM Installer Failure with RC4 Protocol Disabled

is also very interesting..Please check it out.

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 2:00 PM

All replies

• Try closing the install wizard and start it again.

If it gives this error again double check your service accounts have local admin rights to your SCOM server, and also with enough permissions on your SQL Server.

Website: www.walshamsolutions.com Technical Blog: https://www.walshamsolutions.com/technical-blog Personal Blog: https://www.walshamsolutions.com/personal-blog Twitter: Dwalshampro

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 11:53 AM
  • have rebooted both domain controller and scom servers multiple times....................service accounts are local admins on the scom server.............domain group has been granted serveradmin rights in sql

still getting this error message.

Jason

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 12:16 PM
  • Hi,

For this question, we may check the account itself. For example, is there any restriction that blocks the validation or the user account is created before the setup wizard is running.

SCOM 2012: Setup failed–Account validation error

OM12 Management Server Installation Fails: The user account <domain>\xyz cannot be verified. Please verify the domain, username, and password to continue.

Hope the above information helps.

Regards,

Alex Zhu
    -----------------------------------------------
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Wednesday, August 14, 2019 12:50 AM
  • Please check user account right

Installation account Requirement
    1) local administrator right

System Center Configuration Service and System Center Data Access Service account
    1)  local administrative rights on all management servers in the management group
    2)  sdk_user role in the Operational database.

Data Warehouse Write account

Application Database/role Role/account
    Microsoft SQL Server OperationsManager db_datareader
    Microsoft SQL Server OperationsManager dwsync_user
    Microsoft SQL Server OperationsManagerDW OpsMgrWriter
    Microsoft SQL Server OperationsManagerDW db_owner
    Operations Manager User role Operations Manager Report Security Administrators
    Operations Manager Run As account Data Warehouse Action account
    Operations Manager Run As account Data Warehouse Configuration Synchronization Reader account

Data Reader account

Application Database/role Role/account
    Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Installation instance Report Server Execution account
    Microsoft SQL Server OperationsManagerDW OpsMgrReader
    Operations Manager User role Operations Manager Report Operators
    Operations Manager User role Operations Manager Report Security Administrators
    Operations Manager Run As account Data Warehouse Report Deployment account
    Windows service SQL Server Reporting Services Logon account

Roger

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:24 AM
  • Have the 4 service accounts pre-created and are members of OpsAdmin AD Group of which has been assigned the SysAdmin role in sql and is a member of the LocalAdmins group on the server I'm trying to install SCOM to.

Verified that all 4 accounts can log into the scom server by physically doing so.

Scom server can ping the DC and on the SCOM server can actively search AD as queries in Local AD Users and Groups is resolving.

Jason

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 1:11 PM
  • As a test, can you try your own account to be a service account to see if it takes it? Just so we can get an idea on what it will take then we can work backwards and see where the issue is.

Could even try relaunching the install wizard as "Run As Administrator"

Do your admin accounts have the "Log on as service" right?

Website: www.walshamsolutions.com Technical Blog: https://www.walshamsolutions.com/technical-blog Personal Blog: https://www.walshamsolutions.com/personal-blog Twitter: Dwalshampro

• Hi Jason,

could you please check the OpsMgrSetupWizard log under %LocalAppData%\SCOM\Logs. I am curious if you will find a clue there. I would also check the System log on your management serer, just t make sure that there are no other issues....time sync, Kerberos, SecureChannel and stuff like that...

This one:

SCOM Installer Failure with RC4 Protocol Disabled

is also very interesting..Please check it out.

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

• Thank You!!!! Thank You!!!

I went through the system log and found some messages that pointed me to "time sync" and ended up fixing my issue by running "net time /set /yes".

Thanks again.........Jason

Jason

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 5:20 PM
  • Thank You!!!! Thank You!!!

I went through the system log and found some messages that pointed me to "time sync" and ended up fixing my issue by running "net time /set /yes".

Thanks again.........Jason

Jason

Hi Jason,

glad to help out :) 

Regards,

Thursday, August 15, 2019 7:14 AM