Feedback: Automatic Selection of Product Categories in System Center Essentials 2010 RRS feed

All replies

• Automatic Selection is nice because it drastically reduces the amount of time spent going through and approving updates.  One comment/suggestion I have is there should be an option to exclude Itanium based systems.  I have my environment set to automatically approve the categories we want, and only download needed updates, however all the Itanium stuff always gets downloaded even though we have no Itanium servers.  When you consider OS service packs, security patches, updates, etc, it turns into alot of wasted disk space until they're removed.  Just my .02

Tom

It's a...jump...to conclusions...mat.
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 2:13 PM
  • Hello Tom,

Thank you for the your feeback. We ahve the design request opened with your suggestion and probably you should be able to see it in next versions of SCE.

-Anshu

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, April 1, 2010 9:11 PM
  • thank you
    Thursday, July 26, 2012 2:55 AM
  • Hello Tom,

Thank you for the your feeback. We ahve the design request opened with your suggestion and probably you should be able to see it in next versions of SCE.

-Anshu

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

What next version?

According the request for excluding Itanium ... YES please! And besides, is anyone using Itanium anyway?

Thursday, September 13, 2012 4:10 PM