Data was dropped due to too much outstanding data in rule RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

from the past two weeks i am not doing any SCOM activity on the RMS and agents
    yesterday our build team reported the following issue.they suspecting because of this they are not able to access the services deployed in one of the agents

Is it correct? i am very very new to SCOM i don't know what the below error means and how it effects the agent? how to resolve ?

can please help me?

Data was dropped due to too much outstanding data in rule "Microsoft.SystemCenter.HealthService.SCOMpercentageCPUTimeCollection" running for instance "------------" with id:"{A782B535-9379-285B-C40A-34D3DCB72C89}" in management group "------".

Throwing an exception. Exception Could not locate binding information for the site Default Web Site and application /----/----..

• Edited by krishkan Thursday, January 5, 2012 5:14 AM
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 5:05 AM

Answers

•  

Hi,

May I know what were the services failed to be accessed? Are they SCOM related services? Meanwhile, when did the Event appear, did it appear frequently or just once?

Based on my research, I would like to suggest the following:

1.     Clear the HealthService queue on the server where the Event appeared:

1)     Stop System Center Management service.

2)     Go to C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\, and rename the “Health Service State” folder.

3)     Restart System Center Management service.

2.     Check Antivirus exclusions settings:

Antivirus exclusions for Operations Manager 2007

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nickmac/archive/2008/07/18/antivirus-exclusions-for-operations-manager-2007.aspx

Antivirus Exclusions for MOM and OpsMgr

http://blogs.technet.com/b/kevinholman/archive/2007/12/12/antivirus-exclusions-for-mom-and-opsmgr.aspx

If the issue persists, please check the Event Log on the agent; if there are any related errors, please let us know the details.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, February 6, 2012 10:17 AM
    Friday, January 6, 2012 9:45 AM
  • Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for the reply. atlast they agreed that the problem is not with SCOM. it was with their WCF services which are not configured properly.

coming to your queries, they are not able to access WCF services and yes the event is appearing continuously

Monday, January 9, 2012 4:28 AM

All replies

•  

Hi,

May I know what were the services failed to be accessed? Are they SCOM related services? Meanwhile, when did the Event appear, did it appear frequently or just once?

Based on my research, I would like to suggest the following:

1.     Clear the HealthService queue on the server where the Event appeared:

1)     Stop System Center Management service.

2)     Go to C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\, and rename the “Health Service State” folder.

3)     Restart System Center Management service.

2.     Check Antivirus exclusions settings:

Antivirus exclusions for Operations Manager 2007

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nickmac/archive/2008/07/18/antivirus-exclusions-for-operations-manager-2007.aspx

Antivirus Exclusions for MOM and OpsMgr

http://blogs.technet.com/b/kevinholman/archive/2007/12/12/antivirus-exclusions-for-mom-and-opsmgr.aspx

If the issue persists, please check the Event Log on the agent; if there are any related errors, please let us know the details.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li

Friday, January 6, 2012 9:45 AM
  • Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for the reply. atlast they agreed that the problem is not with SCOM. it was with their WCF services which are not configured properly.

coming to your queries, they are not able to access WCF services and yes the event is appearing continuously

Monday, January 9, 2012 4:28 AM
  • is this issue resolved by configuring WCF service?  
    Monday, January 9, 2012 7:28 AM
  •  

Hi,

Thank you for your update.

I would like to confirm how it works after performing the steps I suggested in my last post. If the issue persists, please also check the Event Log and see if there are any related errors.

Nicholas Li

• Edited by Nicholas Li Thursday, January 12, 2012 10:25 AM
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 10:25 AM