remote desktop RRS feed

• Question

• hello, I am trying to use Remote Desktop to connect to my hp stream 7 that has Windows 8.1 with Bing . how can I remote into this device by using remote desktop
    • Changed type Bruce Wooding Friday, April 10, 2015 8:10 PM Problem is resolved
    Thursday, April 2, 2015 6:15 PM

Answers

• Hi there.

What version of Windows 8.1 is on the hp stream 7.  You need to have Professional or Enterprise to be able to host a RDP session. 

Easiest way to do so...Find This PC.  Right click on it and choose properties.  Down the left side, you should see a link for Remote settings.  Click on this, and you will get a screen up for the remote properties. 

Under Remote Desktop,  make sure it is set to "Allow remote connections to this computer".

If you do not see Remote Desktop, you do not have Professional, and cannot use Remote Desktop to access the computer. 

• Marked as answer by Bruce Wooding Friday, April 10, 2015 8:10 PM
    Thursday, April 2, 2015 6:19 PM

All replies

• Hi there.

What version of Windows 8.1 is on the hp stream 7.  You need to have Professional or Enterprise to be able to host a RDP session. 

Easiest way to do so...Find This PC.  Right click on it and choose properties.  Down the left side, you should see a link for Remote settings.  Click on this, and you will get a screen up for the remote properties. 

Under Remote Desktop,  make sure it is set to "Allow remote connections to this computer".

If you do not see Remote Desktop, you do not have Professional, and cannot use Remote Desktop to access the computer. 

• Marked as answer by Bruce Wooding Friday, April 10, 2015 8:10 PM
    Thursday, April 2, 2015 6:19 PM
  •  Thanks for the answer, but I want access to my device remotely
        How I did it .

version of Windows 8.1 on the hp stream 7 : windows 8.1 with bing

Thursday, April 2, 2015 6:26 PM