none
P2V Conversion - BSOD after Physical to Virtual Conversion - STOP Error 0x0000007B

Question

• Hi Everyone,

I have a new setup of SCVMM and am testing the P2V conversion on some Development machines, before we start moving production units into the Virtual World.

Specs of the Physical Server I am trying to Virtualize:

• Dell PowerEdge 2950
    • Windows 2003 SP2 R2 x64
    • SQL 2005
    • PERC 5/i Integrated SCSI

The P2V will fully run, as long as I do not connect any network adapters.  However the Integration services do not run properly (essentially it times out).

When I try to boot the VM up after P2V completes with warnings, it will go into a boot loop, and generate BSOD.

Stop: 0x00000007B (let me know if you need the rest of the numbers).  It does not say inaccessible boot device, so I am thinking the issue is some where else.

I am going to try it again, and this time remove all network adapters, as that seems to be where it is failing...but any thoughts on this would be great.

I have been able to successfully P2V a Dell Optiplex 760, so I know SCVMM is working ok.

Thanks again.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 8:38 PM

Answers

• Was the second test where the NICs were removed successful?  If not, check out this article and test the solution.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2007086

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Best Regards, Mike Briggs [MSFT] – Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:36 PM

All replies