none
Where can I download SCOM 2016? RRS feed

• Question

• When I search for SCOM 2016 download, I'm only getting Evaluation copies and Tech Previews?  Can someone point me in the right direction so I can download the latest version for SCOM 2016?

Thanks

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 7:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What about this one:
    System Center 2016 Operations Manager – Evaluation (VHD)

You can download it from Roger's link too btw, expand the description tab on "System Center 2016" or "System Center 1801"

"

System Center 2016 includes -

System Center Operations Manager: Monitor health, capacity, and usage across applications, workloads, and infrastructure.
    System Center Orchestrator: Automate your datacenter tasks; efficiently create and execute runbooks using native PowerShell scripts.
    System Center Virtual Machine Manager: Deploy and manage your virtualized, software-defined datacenter with a comprehensive solution for networking, storage, compute, and security
    System Center Data Protection Manager: Protect your data with backup, storage, and recovery for private cloud deployments, physical machines, clients, and server applications.
    System Center Service Manager: Automated service delivery tool for incident resolution, change control, and asset lifecycle management.
    System Center Configuration Manager:  Manage PCs and servers, keeping software up-to-date, setting configuration and security policies, and monitoring system status.
    System Center Endpoint Protection: Protect client and server operating systems against the latest malware threats; built on System Center Configuration Management for unified control."

Cheers

Sam (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" wherever applicable. Thanks!)

Monday, February 26, 2018 12:09 PM

All replies

• You can download System Center 2016 evaluation version from

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/evalcenter/evaluate-system-center-2016

Moreover, the evaluation version is same as production version. Once you key in the product key, it will turn from evaluation version into production version

roger

• Proposed as answer by CyrAz Wednesday, December 14, 2016 4:44 PM
    Wednesday, December 14, 2016 3:22 AM
  • This link not for SCOM. its for SCCM 
    Monday, February 26, 2018 11:50 AM
  • Hi,

What about this one:
    System Center 2016 Operations Manager – Evaluation (VHD)

You can download it from Roger's link too btw, expand the description tab on "System Center 2016" or "System Center 1801"

"

System Center 2016 includes -

System Center Operations Manager: Monitor health, capacity, and usage across applications, workloads, and infrastructure.
    System Center Orchestrator: Automate your datacenter tasks; efficiently create and execute runbooks using native PowerShell scripts.
    System Center Virtual Machine Manager: Deploy and manage your virtualized, software-defined datacenter with a comprehensive solution for networking, storage, compute, and security
    System Center Data Protection Manager: Protect your data with backup, storage, and recovery for private cloud deployments, physical machines, clients, and server applications.
    System Center Service Manager: Automated service delivery tool for incident resolution, change control, and asset lifecycle management.
    System Center Configuration Manager:  Manage PCs and servers, keeping software up-to-date, setting configuration and security policies, and monitoring system status.
    System Center Endpoint Protection: Protect client and server operating systems against the latest malware threats; built on System Center Configuration Management for unified control."

Cheers

Sam (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" wherever applicable. Thanks!)

Monday, February 26, 2018 12:09 PM
  •   from where can i download the DPM 2016 as an ISO file?
    Friday, August 3, 2018 8:11 AM
  • Hello,

For DPM 2016, please check https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54508

(Please "Mark as Answer/Vote as Helpful" if applicable)

Friday, August 3, 2018 8:17 AM
  • hi, what is the default administrator password ?
    Tuesday, November 6, 2018 3:38 PM
  • hi, what is the default administrator password ?

Hi everyone,

I've got the same issue after creating the VM with the "SCOM_1801_VHD"-VHD.

So does anybody know the password for the local Administrator for the first log in?

Cheers

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 6:52 PM
  • Hi,

According to the completed-unattend.xml.txt file which is created to the C-drive of the SCOM1801 VHD VM after the installation, the Administrator password is P@ssw0rd although this didn't work for me.

You can always reset the local administrator password by following the steps below:

1. Boot from the Microsoft Windows Server 2016 DVD

2. From the Windows Setup menu, click Next.

3. Select Repair your computer.

4. Under Choose and option, click on Troubleshoot.

5. Under Advanced options, click Command Prompt.

6. At the command prompt, run the following commands:

C:
    cd windows\system32
    ren Utilman.exe 
    Utilman.exe.old
    copy cmd.exe Utilman.exe

7. Close the command prompt and then click Continue.

8. The server should now boot and present the logon screen. Here click Windows Key + U.

9. At the prompt you can now change the password, by typing the following command:

net user administrator Password123

This will set the password for the Administrator user to be Password123 (case sensitive).

Refer below link.
    http://www.kieranlane.com/2013/09/18/resetting-administrator-password-windows-2012/

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 12:55 AM