none
Show printerdialog in Opalis RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to opalis. I am trying to create a OIP for print a file.

How can i open a printer dialog in opalis?

I am working with vb.net en c#.

Plz help.

Monday, February 14, 2011 8:53 AM

Answers

• Unfortunately you cannot launch dialogs from within Quick Integration Kit code (well, I suppose you could, but you wouldn't get anywhere doing it).  What you would need to do is make API calls to enumerate the available printers and then populate them using the Quick Integration Kit List Browser.

Regards,

Jeff.

Thursday, March 31, 2011 10:31 PM

All replies

• In product Opalis runs as a service. In general services don't have the rights to open dialogs in the GUI and often those dialogs cannot be interacted with since they run in a different session. It is even trickier to do this if you are running Win2k8 or Win2k8 R2.

You will need to grant the appropriate rights to the OpalisActionService to interact with the Desktop.

What code are you trying to run? If it works in the Policy Testing Console, then after you configure the OpalisActionService correctly it should pop a dialog.

Friday, February 18, 2011 3:51 PM
  • In product Opalis runs as a service. In general services don't have the rights to open dialogs in the GUI and often those dialogs cannot be interacted with since they run in a different session. It is even trickier to do this if you are running Win2k8 or Win2k8 R2.

You will need to grant the appropriate rights to the OpalisActionService to interact with the Desktop.

What code are you trying to run? If it works in the Policy Testing Console, then after you configure the OpalisActionService correctly it should pop a dialog.

Thank you for answer,

I am using VB class to create a DLL and import to Oplais

What code are you trying to run?   That is my problem. I dont know what then code should be written in run to open printer dialog box.

I want create an OPI for printing a file. File is in local computer ( not in ftp). Via OPI user must select a printer in printers list and print them.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 2:34 PM
  • Unfortunately you cannot launch dialogs from within Quick Integration Kit code (well, I suppose you could, but you wouldn't get anywhere doing it).  What you would need to do is make API calls to enumerate the available printers and then populate them using the Quick Integration Kit List Browser.

Regards,

Jeff.

Thursday, March 31, 2011 10:31 PM
  • Hi,

was solved.

Saturday, April 9, 2011 8:35 AM