none
No data in SCOM performance views for unix servers

Question

• We are unable to see any data in performance view of some of unix servers.

We have 2 versions in unix servers.

Solaris 8 OS

Solaris 10 OS

We are able to view data for some of the Solaris 10 Servers. But for Solaris 8 servers there is no data in performance view as well as in reports.

Please anyone help me to fix this issue.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 6:24 PM

All replies

• Hello,

A lack of performance data is most commonly the result of failed authentication or missing Run As account configuration. A few things to check:

1) Check the OpsMgr event logs on the management server(s) for events with a source of "Cross Platform Modules."  Failed connections should be logged her

2) In the Operations Console, monitoring pane, select one of the Solaris 8 computers and open the diagram view.  Do you see subcomponents listed like an Operating System, Network Adapters, File Systems, etc.  These components are discovered before performance collection starts, so if they are missing, it would imply a connectivity issue.

3) Check the alerts view for any kind of UNIX heartbeat failure events.

Please reply back with the results from these checks and we will troubleshoot further.

Thanks,
    Kris

www.operatingquadrant.com

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 7:54 PM
  • Hello,

A lack of performance data is most commonly the result of failed authentication or missing Run As account configuration. A few things to check:

1) Check the OpsMgr event logs on the management server(s) for events with a source of "Cross Platform Modules."  Failed connections should be logged her

2) In the Operations Console, monitoring pane, select one of the Solaris 8 computers and open the diagram view.  Do you see subcomponents listed like an Operating System, Network Adapters, File Systems, etc.  These components are discovered before performance collection starts, so if they are missing, it would imply a connectivity issue.

3) Check the alerts view for any kind of UNIX heartbeat failure events.

Please reply back with the results from these checks and we will troubleshoot further.

Thanks,
    Kris

www.operatingquadrant.com

I have a similar problem, on a Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, where I followed the example on how to make a Collection Rule from the example here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj126088.aspx I can see my Linux server without errors. I can run the prebuilt tasks, such as the "Top 10 CPU Processes" task. I also see disk, network interfaces etc in the diagram view. I also tested the scripts on the Linux machine, and they work fine.

After making the Performance View, there are no items in the list to choose from and graph.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 10:26 AM
  • I found the solution for my case. I was running the script with elevated privileges, which is not allowed according to the sudoer file. I set the rule to the the action account and it worked fine.
    Wednesday, May 22, 2013 1:52 PM
  • Same issue.. Any solution for this?
    Thursday, April 06, 2017 10:02 PM