none
Agent installation script RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have many Windows Server 2008 R2 Servers in my environment and they have Powershell version 2.0 installed in them. So I want a script that is supported in Powershell Version 2.0 and performs SCOM 2016 Agent installation.

Thanks in advance

Friday, October 4, 2019 9:29 AM

Answers

• You can make a script of the command-line installation, this is what I’ve used at many customers and works flawlessly.

%WinDir%\System32\msiexec.exe /i path\Directory\MOMAgent.msi /qn USE_SETTINGS_FROM_AD={0|1} USE_MANUALLY_SPECIFIED_SETTINGS={0|1} MANAGEMENT_GROUP=MGname MANAGEMENT_SERVER_DNS=MSname MANAGEMENT_SERVER_AD_NAME =MSname SECURE_PORT=PortNumber ACTIONS_USE_COMPUTER_ACCOUNT={0|1} ACTIONSUSER=UserName ACTIONSDOMAIN=DomainName ACTIONSPASSWORD=Password AcceptEndUserLicenseAgreement=1

You have the parameters listed in the previously mentioned link and a few examples.

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Friday, October 4, 2019 10:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Why don’t you simply use the normal command-line installation?

To deploy the Operations Manager agent from the command line

Of course you can also deploy a higher PowerShell version (version 3 or 4) to your Windows Server 2008 R2 servers, but that’s more work and considering they are end-of-life soon it’s not worth the trouble.

Best regards,

Leon

Friday, October 4, 2019 10:45 AM
  • I have more than 800 Servers. So it is not manually possible to uninstall and reinstall agents for migration. further it is planned that the agent installed script would run using SCCM and using a Task Sequence.

Thanks in advance

Friday, October 4, 2019 10:52 AM
  • You can make a script of the command-line installation, this is what I’ve used at many customers and works flawlessly.

%WinDir%\System32\msiexec.exe /i path\Directory\MOMAgent.msi /qn USE_SETTINGS_FROM_AD={0|1} USE_MANUALLY_SPECIFIED_SETTINGS={0|1} MANAGEMENT_GROUP=MGname MANAGEMENT_SERVER_DNS=MSname MANAGEMENT_SERVER_AD_NAME =MSname SECURE_PORT=PortNumber ACTIONS_USE_COMPUTER_ACCOUNT={0|1} ACTIONSUSER=UserName ACTIONSDOMAIN=DomainName ACTIONSPASSWORD=Password AcceptEndUserLicenseAgreement=1

You have the parameters listed in the previously mentioned link and a few examples.

Friday, October 4, 2019 10:59 AM
  • Hi,

Agree with Leon, to achieve our goal, it seems DOS command is enough and there is no need to use PowerShell script. We can deploy the .bat file (saved from above command line, for example, install.bat) via group policy, configuration manager or others that can deploy .bat files.

Here is step-by-step guide for deploying .bat file via group policy (we just need to replace the .bat file)
    Deployment of the CurrentWare Client in AD using Batch File

If we are using SCCM, we may refer this video for the detailed steps.
    How To: Create and Deploy an SCCM 2012 Batch File

Hope the above information helps.

Regards,

Alex Zhu
    -----------------------------------------------
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Monday, October 7, 2019 8:03 AM
  • Hi,

It seems there is no update for a couple of days. May we know the current status of the problem? Is there any other assistance we can provide?

Regards,

Alex Zhu
    -----------------------------------------------
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 7:27 AM