none
SCOM 2016 monitor HP and Aruba switches RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I received an interesting task, to add support in exiting SCOM 2016 env for HP and Aruba switches.

We will like to see:

Errors, warnings, events

CPU

Memory

FAN

Traffic per each port 

etc.

We have configured snmp v2, successfully discover devices but the amount of information available for each device is very low.

I know that this devices are not supported by Microsoft,  and following this example I was looking to create custom MP from HP/Aruba mib's

(Microsoft tool who can browse in MIB’s library and create Management Packs for SCOM, following documentation we couldn’t fin OID tor CPU , Memory, etc. https://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/hybrid-it-management/Demo-Setup-extended-network-monitorin)

Even following the SNMP_MPGeneratorUserGuide.docx I couldn't figure out how to creat this MP, I could locate cpu, memory OID.

If some one cane give us a clue how to configure scom for this deiveces I will be grateful :) 

the switches are 

2930F

5400Rzl2

Thanks.

Thursday, March 29, 2018 2:43 PM

All replies

• Can you be more specific about what you could not do using the SNMP MP devlopment tool?

You can also have a look at QND snmp library, which is another way to develop SNMP management packs.

You may be interested in this method as well if some "certified" SNMP devices similar to yours already exist.

Monday, April 2, 2018 11:02 AM
  • Hi All,

I am also quiet keen on this particular topic. As i received a task to monitor the Aruba Clearpass Policy Manager Appliance via SCOM.

Please guide me how to monitor it.

Thanks and Regards

Zeeshan

Thanks and Regards Zeeshan J Mohammed

Tuesday, January 8, 2019 12:35 AM