IOS 13 Certificate error RRS feed

• Question

• I can't set up email on the iphone, it displays the following error:

iPhone Cannot Verify Server Identity

Not the option to continue ...

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 9:01 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Please try to test the exact issue with the Microsoft test connectivity tool. This will help to troubleshoot faster

https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/tests/exchange

Thanks,

Manu

Regards From: Exchange Online | World of Cloud Computing

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 3:48 AM
  • Hi Caio Pratali,

Do users using Android have the same issue?

Have you made any changes to the Exchange server and your mailbox before this issue?

According to my research, this may be an issue caused by a certificate issue, so please check the following:

1. Please check whether the certificate used by the Exchange server has expired or reported an error. 

2. You could check the URL of ActiveSync by running:

Get-ActiveSyncVirtualDirectory|fl name,InternalUrl,ExternalUrl

Iphone settings may also cause this issue, so please try the following methods on Iphone:

1. Quit and restart the Mail app.

2. Soft reset/reboot the iPhone.

3. Remove your email account then add it back.

4. Update iOS and carrier settings.

5. Reset network settings.

For more information you could refer to:How to fix ‘Cannot verify server identity’ error on your iPhone.

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Lucas Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 5:57 AM
  • Hi Caio Pratali,

I am writing here to confirm with you how thing going now? If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as an answer for helping more people.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Lucas Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 6, 2020 9:57 AM