none
Assistance with Virtual Machine Servicing Tool 3.0? RRS feed

• Question

• Is this the place to go?

I've trying out the tool for the past couple of days with mixed results.  I've created a series of Virtual Machine on Host servicing jobs with usually around 10 machines per job, well within the capacity of the server where they are serviced (I service them on the same machine they are hosted).  But during the process, usually 3 or 4 of the VMs fail in their updates, I get errors like

"Virtual Machine is not reachable" - even though I of course can reach it via Hyper-V manager or SCVMM
    "Unable to Start the virtual machine" - though it can be started manually
    "Access is denied on the virtual machine" - same as above.

These errors have made the tool more of a burden than the burden it is supposed to relieve.  Where do I go for assistance? 

Monday, October 18, 2010 10:03 PM

Answers

• VMST is supported by the Solution Accelerator team.  I will send them your thread and ask them to reply.
    Carmen M. Summers (MSFT) --Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, November 1, 2010 8:36 PM

All replies

• I have yet to get a response here or from the email address assoicated with the tool.  Is anyone using VMST 3.0?

Friday, October 29, 2010 7:24 PM
  • VMST is supported by the Solution Accelerator team.  I will send them your thread and ask them to reply.
    Carmen M. Summers (MSFT) --Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, November 1, 2010 8:36 PM