none
Email being redirected RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I have an issue were email is being redirected, basically users get an email and I (admin) for some reason get the same email without my email address being added to the email at all.  

It is really odd, I have no email rules that would do this, I did run a message trace and found the below, I think this is the issue but have no idea what it means.  Name 1 is original recipient, name 2 is myself.

name1@example.com
    UserMailbox.Forwardable.Resolver.CreateRecipientItems.40
    name2@example.com;name1@example.com 250 2.0.0 Recipient address expanded

Monday, April 1, 2019 1:52 PM

All replies

• Did you check for Transport rules? Also forwarding, with the delivertomailboxandforward setting toggled off?
    Monday, April 1, 2019 6:46 PM
  • Hi,

You can run the following commands to check ForwardingSMTPAddress of the mailbox and if the mailbox has inbox rule auto-forwarding the email to you.

Get-Mailbox <alias>|fl *forward*
    Get-InboxRule -Mailbox <alias>

Regards,

Dawn Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 6:58 AM
  • Hi,

How is everything going? Did you check the settings as mentioned above?

If there is anything unclear or any update, please feel free to let us know.

Regards,

Dawn Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 8, 2019 9:51 AM
  • Hi Darthgrifter, I believe you may have a rule in exchange to alert on various infringements/abnormalities.

If you run a message trace on the Exchange Server you will likely see a recipient_status - 250 2.1.605 Spam filter added recipients (redirect/bcc);250 2.1.605 Spam filter added recipients (redirect/bcc)

Hope this gives you some insight to where it is coming from.

thanks

David

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 3:29 PM