none
after upgrade to exchange 2013 cu23 i can not open administration site RRS feed

• Question

• i have a problem with my exchange server 2013 cu23

the following error i recevied after i tried to open exchnage admin center

https://xxxxxxxxx/ecp/?ExchClientVer=15

Server Error in '/ecp' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Cannot execute a program. The command being executed was "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\csc.exe" /noconfig /fullpaths @"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\ecp\67f1ad38\e5546d0a\2hgnukdj.cmdline".

Source Error:
    Line 1:  <%@ Page Language="C#" CodeBehind="Default.aspx.cs"
    Line 2:  	Inherits="Microsoft.Exchange.Management.ControlPanel._Default" %>
    Line 3:  <%@ Register Src="~/Troubleshooting/NotificationTemplate.ascx" TagName="Notification" TagPrefix="ecp" %>
    Line 4:  
    Line 5:  <% Response.Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.NoCache); Response.Cache.SetNoStore(); %>

Source File: /ecp/default.aspx    Line: 3

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.7.3535.0

could any open give me a hint about this and how to fixed

best regards,

khaled osama

Monday, June 8, 2020 7:07 AM

All replies

• Hi khaled osama,

Does OWA work as normal?

Here are some suggestions for you:

1. Please make sure Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2, Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 and other prerequisites are met for Exchange 2013 CU23. You can check this for more information: Cumulative Update 23 for Exchange Server 2013.

2. Check and make sure all needed Exchange services are running well.

3. Recycle MSExchangeECPAppPool in Application Pools from IIS Manager. Application Pools > MSExchangeECPAppPool > Recycle.

4. Run UpdateCas.ps1 and UpdateConfigFiles.ps1 from the exchange bin directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\Bin. 

After that, use the following command to restart IIS:

iisreset /noforce

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 2:32 AM
  • dear lydia zhou,

owa work normally

outlook clients work normally

i checked for all prerequisites and all existed on ther server

i recycled the pool and nothing changed

i ram both files and noting changed

i ran iisreset /noforce

i only receive login screen and after login i recieved the mentioned error

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 5:25 AM
  • Did you make any modification for ECP virtual directory in IIS Manager?

Please use the following command to check the configuration for ECP virtual directory:

Get-EcpVirtualDirectory "servername\ecp (Default Web Site)"|fl

Check the authentication method for ECP from IIS Manager. Here are default settings for Default Web Site and Exchange Back End:

Try to login EAC with "https://localhost/ecp", check if the issue can be reproduced.

Please also check if any related event logs can be found for further analysis.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 11, 2020 1:35 AM
  • Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. If you have any questions or need further help on this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards, 

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 8:41 AM
  • Here is a brief summary about replies for quick reference.

Issue Symptom:

i have a problem with my exchange server 2013 cu23

the following error i recevied after i tried to open exchnage admin center https://xxxxxxxxx/ecp/?ExchClientVer=15.

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Cannot execute a program. The command being executed was "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\csc.exe" /noconfig /fullpaths @"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\ecp\67f1ad38\e5546d0a\2hgnukdj.cmdline".

Possible Cause:

The configuration of ECP virtual directory.

Troubleshooting Steps so far:

1. Please make sure Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2, Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 and other prerequisites are met for Exchange 2013 CU23. 

2. Check and make sure all needed Exchange services are running well.

3. Recycle MSExchangeECPAppPool in Application Pools from IIS Manager. Application Pools > MSExchangeECPAppPool > Recycle

4. Run UpdateCas.ps1 and UpdateConfigFiles.ps1 from the exchange bin directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\Bin. After that, restart IIS.

Next Step:

1. Please use the following command to check the configuration for ECP virtual directory:

Get-EcpVirtualDirectory "servername\ecp (Default Web Site)"|fl

2. Check the authentication method for ECP from IIS Manager. 

3. Try to login EAC with "https://localhost/ecp", check if the issue can be reproduced.

4. Please also check if any related event logs can be found for further analysis.

Regards, 

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 29, 2020 9:28 AM