none
Creating different address list on exchange 2019 RRS feed

• Question

• I came across a requirement of separating a business unit in our company to have its own address list. We use exchange 2019 and CEO is still the same and so are the other managers. We have 7 business units and this one single BU must be segregated. The BU must not see any other business units. While others can see them. I ve been thinking and trying to follow Microsoft document but need some of your suggestions.

So basically I have to create 1 global, room, offline and other address list and all the users into it and apply the policy to members with @xyz.com. correct?

ferouze

Sunday, June 21, 2020 5:10 AM

All replies

• You need at least two of each: Address book policy, GAL, OAB, address lists. You can reuse the room list I suppose, but all others should have at least two variants if you want actual segregation.
    Sunday, June 21, 2020 4:43 PM
  • Hi ferouze,

As suggested by Vasil, you would need to create a separate GAL, OAB, AL and Room list(if necessary) and apply them to users in the segregated BU with an address policy. Basically, the ABP elements required would be as follows:

Here is a document which describes deploying ABP for a scenario that two companies sharing a CEO in one Exchange organization for your reference. According to your description, the others can see users from the segregated BU, so only two ABPs are required for your scenario.  
    Scenario 2: Two companies sharing a CEO in one Exchange organization

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 22, 2020 9:28 AM
  • Thank you guys, let me try and update. BTW, can the existing users see the newly created BU's address list? is it because they are already the part of the existing global address list?

ferouze

Tuesday, June 23, 2020 6:39 PM
  • Hello,

I have created an article to handle the similar requirement on Exchange Online Address book. Please refer the page below. Hope, it help as a reference

http://exchangeonline.in/hierarchical-address-books-office-365/

Regards From: Exchange Online | World of Cloud Computing

Tuesday, June 23, 2020 6:48 PM
  • Hi

I managed to segregate but now in owa and outlook i am unable to search. In TO field if i type a recipient and click search directory, it doesnt return anything while the address is there in the list.

ferouze

Thursday, June 25, 2020 10:45 AM
  • Hello,

After update-globaladdresslist, i am now able to search the directory without any issues. Thanks everyone for your help.

ferouze

Friday, June 26, 2020 8:15 AM
  • After update-globaladdresslist, i am now able to search the directory without any issues. Thanks everyone for your help.

Hi ferouze,

Great to see that it works now and thanks a million for your sharing!! By the way, do you mind marking your solution and any replies that you found helpful as answer? This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Thanks!

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 26, 2020 9:46 AM