none
Can't add vCenter server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Last week I deployed a new ASR vault based on the 8.2 update. Everything was working perfectly. I then updated to the new (GA) release 8.3.0 for all components (Configuration, Process, Master Target) in the recommended order and now I can't add any vCenter servers anymore I keep getting the following errors:

Errors in the Azure site:

The operation could not be completed. (Error code: 559)
    Provider error: Discovery operation failed.
    Discovery of the vCenter server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:443 failed with the error code  EC0402 due to invalid login credentials.

Errors on the Process Server Log (C:\home\svsystems\var\vcon\logs\vContinuum_Scripts.log):

Fri Jul 10 15:39:20 2015 : INFO :: DEBUG :: Connecting to vCenter/vSphere Server : xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:443.
    Fri Jul 10 15:39:30 2015 : INFO :: DEBUG :: Error: Cannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password.

Process Server Log (C:\home\svsystems\var\esx.log)

2015-07-10 15:28:00:349692 EXCEPTION : ESX : request_discovery_info : Failed to parse the response : Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference at /home/svsystems/pm/ESX/Discovery.pm line 113.
     at /home/svsystems/pm/ESX/Discovery.pm line 103

I'm using the exact same credentials as I did when using the 8.2.2 version which had no problem adding vCenter servers and discovering virtual machines. I've also tested with a different account which has full administrative privileges to the vCenter environment with the exact same result.

Monday, July 13, 2015 7:11 AM

Answers

• Are you using domain credentials in the form of domain\username to discover the vCenter?

If yes, could you try using username@domain instead of doamin\username.

We have identified a problem in the service and looking at fixing this asap. If you get any more errors kindly send us the logs/error messages you see - it would help us to zero in on the different issues.

Thank you,

Ruturaj

Tuesday, July 14, 2015 10:04 AM
  • Yes, we found this trick too and solved by the same way. but then thanks for answer.
    Tuesday, July 14, 2015 12:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

We have same issue at our 2 customers.

ıs there any update about this problem?

Tuesday, July 14, 2015 8:10 AM
  • Are you using domain credentials in the form of domain\username to discover the vCenter?

If yes, could you try using username@domain instead of doamin\username.

We have identified a problem in the service and looking at fixing this asap. If you get any more errors kindly send us the logs/error messages you see - it would help us to zero in on the different issues.

Thank you,

Ruturaj

Tuesday, July 14, 2015 10:04 AM
  • Yes, we found this trick too and solved by the same way. but then thanks for answer.
    Tuesday, July 14, 2015 12:17 PM
  • I am getting the exact same errors deploying 8.3.0 across config/master/process servers.  I cannot add my vCenter server and it fails with errors (see below, same as OP).

I have tried using my admin account with both domain\username and username@domain and neither way works.

2015-07-17 17:12:33:569361 EXCEPTION : ESX : request_discovery_info : Failed to parse the response : Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference at /home/svsystems/pm/ESX/Discovery.pm line 113.
     at /home/svsystems/pm/ESX/Discovery.pm line 103

Error: Cannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password.
    ERROR :: Failed to connect with vCenter/vSphere server .

Friday, July 17, 2015 10:59 AM
  • The user@domain tip solved the problem for me.
    Tuesday, July 21, 2015 9:45 AM