none
SCSM - Hierarchical Approval (Line Manager of the Requester's Line Manager) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We all know that Review Activities in SCSM can be configured to assign the requester's Line Manager as a reviewer in a CR or SR workflow. But do we have a built-in functionality and an out of box feature in SCSM that can assign the Line Manager of the Requester's Line Manager (let's say in the next Review Activity in the same workflow)?

We can do that using Orchestrator, but any thing natively in SCSM?

Thanks

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 8:56 AM

Answers

• Hi,

unfortunately I must disappoint you, because there is no "native" way of doing that. The closest to native (without using SCOrch, but using an add-on or app isntead) is to run a PowerShell activity, which will set the Line Manager of the Requester's Line Manager, using PowerShell.

There are two solutions that I know of:

1. Xapity PowerShell activity

Xapity PowerShell Activity

and 

2. Cireson's PowerShell Activity

PowerShell Activity

In both cases you do everythinh within SCSM, using PowerShell and the respective cmdlets. 

Hope this helps you out. Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 10:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

unfortunately I must disappoint you, because there is no "native" way of doing that. The closest to native (without using SCOrch, but using an add-on or app isntead) is to run a PowerShell activity, which will set the Line Manager of the Requester's Line Manager, using PowerShell.

There are two solutions that I know of:

1. Xapity PowerShell activity

Xapity PowerShell Activity

and 

2. Cireson's PowerShell Activity

PowerShell Activity

In both cases you do everythinh within SCSM, using PowerShell and the respective cmdlets. 

Hope this helps you out. Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 10:05 AM
  • Thanks Stoyan.. Will have a look on these suggested solutions
    Thursday, August 22, 2019 11:23 AM